6: You Have To Stay

Trigger warning: self harm

Peter's pov:

I rushed into my room and shut the door. There's too much happening all at once.
I begin to sob silently. I sat for a moment, then looked out the window.

Maybe doing some good will help me feel better.

I suited up and swung out the window. I traveled pretty far into Queens, looking through alleys and back ways for any criminal action. Then I saw it.

"Hey! Give that back!" I heard a woman yell. I looked down and saw a strange man running away from her,  holding her purse.
Classic.

I swung down and kicked the guy in the head, definitely knocking him out. I grabbed the purse and turned to the woman who had a horrified look on her face.

"Oh my god, what did you do?!"
I looked at her in confusion.

"I-I thought you were being robbed m'am an-"

"We're shooting for a film, we're actors you idiot! Did you not see the cameras?!" She looked furious.

I looked around and sure enough, a few people with big cameras were pointed at me. Great.

"I'm so sorry m'am." I dropped the purse and swung away, feeling the tears form in my eyes.

Stupid idiot. You can't do anything right. You should just quit. All of this is too painful.

That's when I felt it- the urge in my chest, the feeling like my head is gonna explode if I don't release these thoughts. So I swung back to the tower and ran to the bathroom, pulling up my sleeves. I looked at the scars, knowing how this will end.

I grabbed my hidden razor blade and did what needed to be done. I could feel the chemicals rush to my brain and hush the voices. It felt nice.
I cleaned myself up and got changed into different clothes. A black longsleeve and a pair of basketball shorts.

I walked out and saw that now there were even more people. Tony saw me and rushed up.

"Hey kid." He whispered.

"I know there's a lot of people here right now but you'll be fine. I can see you shaking from across the room. It's just the team. You'll be okay." His voice was comforting. Like a father.

I nodded and he put his hand on my back, walking me into the living room.

"Everyone, if you do not remember this is Peter, and he will be staying with us for a while."
Most everyone said hi. Some waved and gave a smile.

"Want something to eat?" Tony asked, giving me a 'you should really eat something' look. I nodded quietly and went to the kitchen.

He made me scrambled eggs and toast. I ate some of it but I couldn't finish. There was just a knot in my stomach that wouldn't leave.

Later on we were all watching a movie when suddenly the alarms went off.

"Okay team, you know what that means. Meet me downstairs in five. Armor up and bring anything you might need, I don't know the level of this threat."
I get up from the couch to go change when I felt a warm hand push me back down.

"What the-" I looked up to see Tony.

"You have to stay here kiddo. You're weak and vulnerable right now. It's for the best." I tried to argue with him but that didn't change his mind.
Everyone rushed away without me, then the tower was quiet. Too quiet. I couldn't stand the silence.

So I grabbed my suit and asked Karen where the emergency was. I finally arrived at the destination to see some sort of giant bank with apartments on fire and a bunch of robbers running away. Thor, Cap, and Nat all got the robbers, Clint made sure everyone got out, and the Hulk, Tony and Wanda helped with the fire.
That's when I heard a little girl screaming for help.

I was going to get caught, but I didn't care. Someone was in danger. I swung in through a window, only to find myself in a kitchen.

"Help! Help!" The little girl yelled. I coughed through the fire until I found her, crying on the ground. I scooped her up and begun towards the window only to find it engulfed in flames.

"Shit...guess there's only one way out!" I got a running head start and jumped out the window, putting my body first so that the girl didn't get burned, and swung her to the ground next to the police that had just arrived.

"Thank you!" The police said.

"Yeah, thank you spiderman."
I turned around to find Tony floating above me. I gave him a look and swung up to the roof of another building, knowing damn well he was gonna give me a talk. I landed and turned around, ready for him.

"What did I say, Peter?!" He was furious.

"I didn't get hurt though, see!" I put my arms up.
Tony immediately looked at my left arm.

"What on earth-"
He rushed up to my arm.
I looked at it: turns out, I got burned. Badly. So badly that it burned through my suit and my cuts were visible.

Shit.