14: Date

Peter's POV

Through some hard work I've been doing much better, plus dad and I have been growing closer which is nice. Ever since I went back to school, Flash has left me alone which is also a nice change.
Tonight I have a date with MJ, and I'm super nervous. Dad took me out to get some nice clothes, and tried to teach me what he could about being...well, not an awkward teenager. It was his idea to take her out to this fancy restaurant, and I'm terrified.

We arrive at her house and I knock on her door. She opens it and is wearing a gorgeous gold dress.

"Whatddup loser." She says, chuckling.

"W-wow...you look, just a-absolutely amazing MJ."
I feel my face heat up.

"Thanks. You ready to roll?"

"Yeah."
We get back to the car and start heading towards the diner. We just made small talk to fill the awkward silences in between, shifting our feet and picking at our hands, avoiding eye contact.
Seems that we're both out of our element.

We arrive and get dropped off at the entrance. Once inside we were met by a low lit room. The waiter smiled at us.

"Name for reservation?" He said.

"Peter Stark."
MJ whipped her head around and looked at me with a weird look.

"Right this way Mr. Stark."
We follow the waiter to this outdoor patio with twinkling fairy lights and vines climbing up the columns.  It smelled like lavender and there were people playing violins and cellos in the back corner. The night sky above us made the whole thing come together.

We sit at the table and get handed the menu, but before I could even open mine MJ asked me a question.

"What happened to your last name? Why did you say you were 'Peter Stark' instead of 'Peter Parker'?"
I forgot, she doesn't know.

"You probably won't believe me, but Mr. Stark adopted me after Aunt May had passed."
She didn't look convinced at all. I even showed her my ID. She gave it a good squint then leaned back with her menu.

"Good job at creating a fake ID, that's pretty realistic. You could make good money off of that ya know."
I just chuckled and chose what to order. Once the waiter came back we told him what we wanted and he took our menu's.

Once the food arrived it was so yummy, I couldn't believe how good it was. But something was off. MJ and I were in the high-class restaurant, and it just didn't seem to fit. After we finished eating we kept talking for a bit about school, the news, and random things. It wasn't anything exciting or adventurous. It was pretty boring actually.
Then the waiter came by with our receipt once we decided we were ready to leave.

"Here's your receipt sir. Your meal was paid in full as a compliment from Tony Stark. Enjoy your evening you two."
Out the corner of my eye, I saw MJ's jaw drop. I opened the exit door for her and we waited for our ride.

"So, you really know Tony Stark?"
She asked.

"Dude, I live with him, yes I know him. I think you two would get along with the amount of sass you both have."
We both chuckled. I then turned to MJ, getting an idea.

"MJ, I-I know that this whole fancy restaurant thing was fun, but w-would you like to go somewhere else tonight? Maybe somewhere a bit more causal?"
She smiled wide.

"I'd actually really like that. I feel a little out of place in there, it's so high end and expensive."
Happy arrived and we got in the back seat.

"Hey Happy, change of plans. Take us to the park, and do you perhaps have 20 bucks?"

----

We arrived at the park, then once Happy left, we walked to a nearby store and I bought us some spray paint. I chose black, MJ chose red. I then led us to a bridge with a little space underneath. We slowly climbed down next to the river and hid under the bridge, looking at the graffiti on all of the walls. I stark shaking the can and give MJ a look.

"How about we make a mark or something?"
She smiled at me and started to shake her spray paint as well.

"I'm not really one for breaking the law, but hey, it's art, and I dig it."
I chose a small empty space and drew a little cat face. MJ chuckled.

"What? What's wrong?"
I asked her as she could barely stand from laughing.

"You choose to break the law and THAT'S what you make? Let me show you how it's done."
She began to create something, it seemed to be a portrait of sorts. It was Tony with a very large mustache and a cowboy hat, with the words "yeehaw" next to it. It was so genius that I had to take a picture of it.

"You're so talented MJ! What a good idea."

"Thanks. Now you try something other than that....oddly innocent cat face."
I think for a minute.

"Here, hand me your spray can."
This may be a bad idea, or a genius one, but I really like this girl and I think that if we were to be together, she should know. I stand back from my creation and wait for her reaction. She leans back and smiles.

"Spiderman, huh? You a big fan?"
I panicked.

"Y-yeah, just a fan. Here's your spray can back."
As I was handing it to her, it slipped out of my hand, and with just my luck it landed on the top and sprayed MJ with a dash of red on her leg. She looked shocked.

"MJ, I am SO sor-"
She quickly picked up the can and sprayed my arm. I was taken aback for a minute, then looked at her, chuckling.

"Oh, you think this is funny?"

"Actually, I think it's hilarious!"

"Game. On."
We got into a bit of a spray paint battle, leaving us both covered in red and black. After we had basically almost emptied our cans, we sat down, tired from the fun. It our moments of silence, MJ looked at me.

"Hey, turn around. I want to write something on your back, but you cant look at it until you get home."

"Alright, just no giant penises, okay?"

"No giant penises. Gotcha."
She finished painting my back and sat next to me. We both admired the river below us and the starry night sky. She got closer and rested her head on my shoulder, yawning.

"I think it's time we get you home. Maybe if you're lucky your parents will be asleep, so you won't have to explain why you're covered in paint."
She groaned and I stood, helping her up. I texted Happy and he picked us up, stopping at MJ's house. I walked her to the door.

"Thanks for taking me out, Peter. I appreciate it. And you don't have to take me anywhere fancy and expensive, we can always just go around town whenever."
My face heated up.

"Well, I just thought a girl like you would deserve to be treated to something special tonight."
She smiled and blushed, looking at the ground.
I'm gonna tell her.

"MJ...I really like you. Like, a lot, and uhm, I was wondering if you would maybe like to go out with me? If-If not though that's totally fine, I underst-"
She kissed me mid sentence and I thought I heard fireworks go off. I enjoyed the moment we had until our lips detached.
I chuckled.

"I guess that's a yes then."
She began to walk inside her house.

"Goodnight, MJ."
She turned around.

"Goodnight, Spiderman."
And she shut the door, leaving me with my jaw dropped. I squealed out of pure joy then ran to the car. Happy rolled down his window.

"Now can I ask why you're covered in spray paint?"