3: Tower

Today after school Happy picked me up for another day with Mr. Stark at the tower.

I arrived with my suit packed as I walked up to Mr. Stark.

"Hey Mr. Stark! Ready for some more training?" I said with a smile.

"Actually underoos, I thought today we could all just hang out in the tower. On days like this we take a break and just do our own thing, watch movies, etc."

Mr. Stark gave me a small tour of the main floor we were on. There was a TV, and a few couches surrounding a coffee table in the living room, then there was a small kitchen connected to it with an island. There was a set of steps and a hallway that lead to various members rooms, but we didn't go in there.
Once he finished the tour, we sat down in the living room with Bruce, Steve, Nat, Clint, Wanda, and Thor.

"Hey there kiddo, how's school goin'?" Steve asked, beer in his hand.

"It's going alright, keeping my grades up."

"Anyone giving you a hard time at school?" Mr. Stark asked.

"W-what? No, what makes you think that?" I run my hands together nervously.

"Nothing, it's just that I doubt high school is going all swell and such. No one ever goes through school without having a rough time with someone."

"Of course it's not awesome or anything, but I lay pretty low so that I stay out of the drama."

"Well you see Tony over here is a real drama queen, so he's all over that stuff." Steve says pointing a thumb at him. He gets a jab in the side from Mr. Stark and a few laughs from the others. We made small talk for some time then played monopoly.

"Y'know I would've expected you to be in the lead Tony." Bruce said chuckling.

"Y'know, if this were real life I would already be kicking everyone's ass."

More time passed, then we all had lunch together. It was like a small family. Wait, no, I shouldn't get too attached. They wouldn't look at me like that, it wouldn't be mutual. Besides, I have Aunt May, right? She's all I need.

Before I know it the day is over and Happy takes me back home. Rain is coming down like bullets and I walk inside.

"Hey Pete!" Aunt May said, slurring her words.

"Hey Aunt May, what are you doing?"

"Oh y'know, juuuust havin' a couple of drrrinks!" She giggles and raises her glass.

"Alright, it's getting late, I think that's enough". I started picking up her glasses. She protests, but eventually gives up.
She's not a drinker, she just does this every once in a while when she gets lonely.
I drag her to her bed before finally laying her on her side with a trashcan next to the bed, nausea meds, and strong advil with water for her in the morning. I know she's gonna have a huge hangover, this is the drunkest I've seen her. But she means no harm.

I wish she could find someone. I hate knowing that when I leave she gets lonely.

At least she's a happy drunk.

I rest into my sheets, playing video games on my phone before going to bed.