8: Zoo

Peter's POV

I woke up to a commotion of noise before it busted into my room as I covered my ears.

"GOOD MORNING PETERRRR!"
Tony said in a sing-song voice while banging two pans together.

"You're gonna break the pans or my eardrums if you keep doing that." I said, removing my hands from over my ears.

"Sorry. I just thought today could start with some excitement, so get up, get dressed, and meet me by the elevator." He banged the pans one more time before leaving my room and shutting the door.

I groan and roll over, giving myself a minute, then I finally got up and dressed. I wore a black graphic T-shirt with a hoodie and a pair of sweats. I'm not feeling up to an adventure today.
I slipped on my sneakers, put my hood up, and went to the elevator where Tony was standing.

"Kid I gotta say, you look fabulous." Tony said in a flamboyantly sarcastic tone. I chuckled a small 'thanks' before we went down. As the elevator descended, more windows were on the main floor and I had to shield my eyes.

"So damn...bright, ugh." I said. Tony looked at me, then handed threw something at me.

"Sunglasses? How did you know to grab a pair?" I asked, putting them on.

"I'm Tony Stark, do I go anywhere without sunglasses?"

"Good point."
We made it to the vehicle and took about a 10 minute drive to a local zoo. We arrived and jumped right in. If anything, Tony seemed more excited than me.

We walked around and had a look at all the animals outdoors. There were lions, rhinos, peacocks, and more.
But then we walked into this building that was dark and filled with people. On the walls were glass cages for other kinds of animals, such as birds, snakes, and spiders.

"Hey kid, it's you." Tony nudged me and pointed at a tarantula across from me.

"Ha-ha, very funny." I said.
We walked out and found an icecream stand. I bought a hot fudge sunday, while Tony ordered the Iron Man flavored icecream.

That's such a Stark thing to do.

We kept exploring until we saw a small crowd of people. They were all surrounding a lady that was stumbling around with a bottle of water in her hand. Tony and I rushed to the front of the crowd.

"Y'all don't even knooooowww." The lady slurred. Obviously drunk. She started to fall over, so I ran up behind her and caught her before she hit the ground.

"Miss, are you okay?" I asked.

"Mhmmmmm. I'm greeaaattt." She looked pale. I took a wiff of her water bottle only to smell alcohol.

"How much have you had to drink?"

"Enough. But I swallowed some nice candies with it."

Aunt May. I thought.

She then passed out. I laid her on the ground and rolled her on her side. I yelled for someone to call paramedics then walked away.

My breathing hitched and it felt like there was a lump in my throat. I quickly walked towards the exit until Tony then jumped in front of me.

"Woah woah woah kiddo, where do you think you're going? we haven't seen the penguins yet." Tony said.

"I-I just have to go right now. Something isn't r-right."

I saw flashes of images in my head. They were intrusive and they wouldn't stop. It was from when I saw Aunt May. Her pale skin. Her clammy hands. Her dead eyes.

"What do you mean? Are you okay?" Tony asked.

"P-please m-make it stop." I pleaded. My breathing speed up and I had begun to cry. I sat on the pavement, shaking with my head between my knees. I couldn't see anything other than dark images of my aunts death.

"Make what stop?" Tony asked, very obviously concerned.

I couldn't respond. My shaking became severe and I felt sick. Then I felt two hands on me. I opened my eyes to see Tony carrying me bridal style back to the car. We got in the back as Happy gave us a concerned look.

"Drive back to the tower. He needs to go to the med lab immediately." Tony said.

I was taken to the lab and hooked up.
Exhausted from the shaking and crying, I fell asleep on the table I was laying on.