i cant believe i have to say this

TW: self harm

I cant believe I have to tell you guys this. I hate making authors notes, they get in the way of the story, but this HAS to stop.

Self harm is not a joke, let alone something to fucking promote.
I've been getting comments where people are happy about self harm. Where people are describing IN TRIGGERING DETAIL on how they self harm and how they like it.

Look, I know that this is a book that includes self harm, and I want this to be a safe space for everyone, but self harm is NOT "edgy" or something that's good because it "adds drama". Don't cheer on acts of self harm.

Self harm has permanently fucked up my body. I wear long sleeves at work. I get questions by strangers that make me unbelievably uncomfortable and its invasive. I get stares and people treat me like a freak.

Self harm is not something I'm proud of. I add the subject of self harm into my stories as a way of sharing perspective and expressing myself.

So PLEASE stop it with the disgusting comments. I won't even warn you, if you make any comment promoting self harm or making it sound like a good thing, I will prevent you from reading my story/stories.

I'm sorry I had to make this note, I don't like interrupting your reading, but its something that apparently needed to be said.

I love you guys, stay strong.