10: He's Trying

Peter's POV

I woke up the next day and crawled out of bed only to see that it was almost noon. I groggily put on some sweatpants and a shirt, walking out into the kitchen.

"G'mornin' kiddo! How'd you sleep?"
Tony asked.

"Okay I guess."
I sighed.

"Well, I thought I'd let you sleep in today. But today we're gonna go do something fun. Anything you want. Want to see a movie? Sick. Want to get a tattoo? We'll go right now."

"C-could we maybe stay home today? Maybe do something here?"
I said. A slight look of sadness came about Tony, like I just broke his heart and ruined his plans or something. But he tried not to show it.

"Sure! I have some ideas. But here, eat first, I'm gonna go set up the living room."
Tony rushed off, setting a plate in front of me. There was my usual that I get at Mr.Delmar's shop. A number five with extra pickles, smushed down real flat.
I began to eat, then saw Tony and Cap rush into the living room with giant blankets. They looked soft. They reclined the couches and brought out some movies, board games, and snacks.

I finished my food and took care of my plate.

"What on earth are you guys doing?"
I asked.

"Well, we're setting up the comfiest event ever. We've got a bunch of fleece blankets, some churros and other snacks, as well as some movies, video games, board games, and other things. We can invite a few people over later tonight if you'd like too."
Tony was definitely trying too hard. But I guess I can't really blame him.

"I think just you, Cap and I should be fine."
I walked over, plopped onto a seat and sank right into the warm, fuzzy blankets. So soft!
Tony and Cap also took a seat. Tony then grabbed the remote and realized it wasn't working.

"Ah damn. I'm gonna go grab some batteries, I'll be right back."
Tony left the room and I looked at Cap.

"What on earth is Tony doing?"
I asked.
Cap sighed.

"He's trying. Really, really hard. He didn't have a great father growing up, so he isn't very good at showing compassion on a father-son level. But he's trying Pete. Just give him a chance and have some patience. But also don't be afraid to tell him if he's smothering you, okay?"
I nodded.

Tony came back and he turned on the TV. We watched a movie and ate some churros, then played some Mario kart. Cap kicked both of our asses at that.

Slowly but surely, I started to feel a bit better. We hung out, ate some popcorn, and even baked some brownies. And surprisingly, they turned out pretty fucking tasty.

The rest of the day was filled with laughs, building a blanket fort, and messing around with some technology. Eventually, it came to an end, and I went to bed. But before I could start sleeping, Tony knocked on the door.

"Come in."
I said.

"Hey underoos. Just wanted to let you know that your therapy appointment is tomorrow. They might prescribe you medication or something, not sure yet. But if you don't want to go, you don't have to. I just think it would be for the best."
Tony leaned on the door frame.

"I-I want to go. I want the help. I also think it would be for the best."

He smiled at me.

"Alright. I love you kiddo. Holler if you need anything, I'll be up."

"Love you too dad."

And with that, I went to sleep.