𝟏𝟐. 𝐏 𝐀 𝐈 𝐍

Deep breath in...

Deep breath out...

You can do this. Let's go.

Loud cheers erupted from the crowd when the boy stepped onto the stage. Thousands of flashlights were being held up and a soft smile found its way onto his face. Bradley took in a deep breath before slowly walking towards the front of the stage. He had missed this feeling. The feeling of adrenaline pulsing through his veins and his heart beating and a faster space than normal. When he was finally standing directly in front of the microphone he took in another deep breath and swallowed. You can do this. Do it for him. "Hello New York!" He said into the microphone, earning another wave of loud cheers. "As you probably know, this is my first time on stage in a long time but I'm here to sing a song to a very special person. You probably all know who." He said as he felt tears welling up in his eyes as memories flashed through his head.

It was a saturday evening and the boys were sitting in the studio, recording for their newest album. Tristan was sick so he stayed back at the hotel so it was only James, Connor and Bradley. "Con, can you do the middle chorus again on three?" Bradley asked his younger band mate who nodded and walked towards the mic. "Are you guys done soon?" Joe asked earning a nod from Brad. "We only gotta record James' part one more time." He said while staring at the display of his laptop. "Why? I thought it was good?" Joe asked. "Yeah but I think he could do it better. I'm just gonna compare the two in the end and take the better one..." He mumbled. Joe nodded slightly and leaned back into a chair. His phone started buzzing and he pulled it out of his pocket, furrowing his eyebrows at the unknown number. "Joe O'Neil what can I do for you?" He said into the phone and got up. Joe left the room and didn't come back for a about two minutes but when he did, he looked like he had seen a ghost. "Hey man, you good?" Bradley asked with concern on his face and Joe looked at him before swallowing thickly. "Get Connor in here, I need to talk to you guys." He choked out and fell onto the couch next to James who had also noticed something was up by now. "So, what's wrong? Did something happen?" Bradley asked as Connor entered the room and sat down on the chair next to Brad. "I-It's Tristan..." He whispered and Bradley grew worried as he saw tears welling up in his managers eyes. "W-what's wrong?" He asked shakily.
"T-Tristan was in a car crash... He didn't make it."

The Europe Tour was canceled and Bradley couldn't get himself to sing even weeks after the incident. He didn't want to sing and dance while the thought of Tristan not being behind him and smashing the drums was constantly in the back of his head. Bradley fought back tears and let out a shaky breath as he forced himself to continue. "Tristan was my best friend but to let you in on a little secret, I felt more towards him than just that. Sadly, I never got to tell him about my feelings. Maybe it just wasn't supposed to happen but I know one thing. Tristan Evans was one of the most amazing persons that ever came along this earth and he left way too soon... I'm singing Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd for Tris and I hope he somehow hears it..." He said into the microphone before strumming his guitar. He played the first notes and the crowd went completely silent to listen to the guitar. Bradley soon began to sing softly. "So, do you think you can tell? Heaven from hell... Blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field, from a cold steal rail? A smile from a wail? Do you think you can tell?" He sung gently and continued to strum his guitar along. "Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts? Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cold breeze? Cold comfort for change? Did you exchange, a walk on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage..." The brunette boy smiled slightly as he heard a lot of the fans singing along and holding up flashlights and lighters. He got ready for the next part, the most important part of the song in wich he tried to express his feelings. "Oh how I wish, how I wish you were here... We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year aftet year. Running over the same old ground and how we found, the same old fears. Wish you were here..." Hot, salty tears rolled down his face as he finished the song and placed down his guitar. "I miss you... I miss you so much." He whispered painfully. Memories of long nights at the studio, game time on the tour bus and grocery shopping in the middle of the night flashed through his mind and Bradley couldn't take it. He broke down right there just before feeling arms around him, trying to keep him up. "C-come back to me." Bradley choked out between sobs.
"I n-need you..."
________________

Short and sad :(

This idea came onto me when I was listening to this song while driving.
I put the song above if you want to listen to it, it's my favorite band :))

- Tris xx