𝟐𝟕. 𝐒 𝐄 𝐂 𝐑 𝐄 𝐓

Warning: Mentions of rape and sexual content

Read this with black background for better experience

"Another round please!" Connor called over to the bartender and James raised one of his eyebrows. "You trying to get us drunk?" He asked and the younger male grinned. "Yes, that's the plan." He said and everybody chuckled expect for Brad who was busy texting on his phone.
"Already missing boo, hmm?" James asked teasingly and the brunette just rolled his eyes. "He just asked me for the address so he can pick me up later." Brad mumbled while still texting on with his boyfriend. James just let out a chuckle before taking another sip of his drink. It was a Friday night and the pub was pretty crowded. Loud laughter was heard and people holding conversations. James' four friends who had tagged along were already fairly tipsy when Ben made the suggestion to go to a club. James was supposed to drive them since he had stayed sober to wich he agreed. Tristan had to stay home due to a cold he had catched the previous day much to Bradley's dismay. About half an hour later the boys were ready to leave for the club and Brad was drunk at this point. He was holding onto James to keep himself from falling and the older male sighed. "Should I call Tristan to pick you up?" He asked but Brad shook his head. "I want to party." He slurred and James sighed before helping his younger band mate out of the door. The five guys made their way over to James' car, all of them were pretty drunk at this point apart from James of course. The blonde helped Brad put on his seat belt before climbing in on the drivers side. "Why is Brad riding shotgun? I yelled it first." Connor asked with a pout and James just rolled his eyes. The car soon pulled up on a parking spot not too far away from the club and the guys got out while cheering loudly. James helped Brad out who had somehow gotten even more drunk on their way. It was probably only now kicking in. The brunette kept giggling and mumbling some incomprehensible words to himself and James just shook his head slightly. Luckily the bouncer recognized James from the jungle camp and let him and guys enter without having to wait in the long line. "Being a celebrity is awesome!" Brad yelled out, his words slurred. "Yes it really is, we gotta become even more famous. Like Beyoncé!" Connor said and Brad nodded furiously. "Then we can get in anywhere!" He said and the younger male cheered loudly. James let out a sigh before following the four to a table. The night went on and James talked to his friends as much as possible but soon started to play a game on his phone due to boredom. Connor was off somewhere with the other two and Brad was sleeping with his head on James' lap. James had promised Tristan to watch out for Brad and make sure he was alright so the blonde didn't move a muscle. Suddenly the brunette sat up and held his stomach. "Hey, you good?" James asked and Brad turned to him. His face was as white as a sheet. "I'm gonna throw up." The younger male said and James' eyes widened. "Shit..." He mumbled to himself as he grabbed Brad and pulled him through the crowd of people. The brunette kept gagging but did his best to keep it down. As soon as the backdoor got in sight, James pushed it open as fast as possible and only saw Brad rushing past him in the corner of his eyes. Afterwards he only heard loud retching and gagging as the younger boy emptied his stomach next to the door of the club. Some people were standing around smoking but they didn't spare the boy a glance since he wasn't the only person getting rid of the alcohol they had consumed that night. A few coughs made James fall out of trance and he looked down at his younger friend who looked like he was about to collapse. "Hey, hey." James called out and helped him sit down a few feet away from the contents of his stomach. "I want Tristan." Brad whined and James sighed. "I will text him to come pick you up but first I'm going to get you some water." He said and got up looking around. He saw a few girls standing near the entrance they were smoking and chatting so James walked over to them. "Hey um excuse me?" He called out politely and they turned towards him. "Well hello there, beautiful." One of them said with a smirk and another hit her gently. "Um could you maybe watch out for my friend over there for a few seconds? I just have to get him a glass of water." He asked and the girls nodded. "Of course, no problem. We'll watch the cutie." A brunette girl said and James thanked them before disappearing through the door. He made his way over to the bar and ordered a glass of water. The bartender gave it to him but before he could leave the crowded room again a hand was placed onto his shoulder. "There you are! We've been looking all over for you!" A pretty drunk Connor yelled over the loud music and James smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, Brad threw up outside." He said and Connor widened his eyes. "Oh shit man. Are you driving him home?" He asked but James shook his head. "No, I'm going to call Tris." He said and the younger male nodded. The blonde excused himself and opened the back door again, immediately seeing the girl he had asked to look out for Brad standing around the boy in a circle. James stepped closer and cleared his throat, catching the attention of all the girls. One of them sniffled and wiped her eyes making James more confused than ever. "What's going on?" He asked and another one of the girls sighed. "He suddenly started crying a-and Jesus he looks like a little puppy when he cries." She explained and the girl who was crying nodded furiously. James blinked at them before crouching down in front of Brad who had his face buried inside his hands and his knees pulled to his chest. "Brad what's wrong?" He asked, seeing the girls walking away to give them some space. The boy didn't answer, just continued to sob and James sighed. "I'm going to call Tris." He declared but when he wanted to get up he was stopped by a weight latching onto his arm. He looked down and saw Brad holding his arm in a tight grip. "Don't." He whimpered and James furrowed his eyebrows.
"What do you mean?" He asked and the brunette sniffled. "Don't wake him up. I can take a cab." Brad mumbled and slumped back against the brick wall of the building the club was located in. James stared at him for a few seconds before sitting down on the wet grass in front of his friend. "What's wrong? Why were you crying?" He asked and Brad squeezed his eyes shut, it looked almost pained. "I don't deserve Tris." He whispered and James furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you even on about Brad? Tris loves y-" He was cut off by his band mate. "Yeah and he shouldn't." He whispered. The older blonde shook his head. "You're talking nonsense. Where is this coming from?" He asked and Brad let another tear slip down his cheek. It was silent for a while and James was about to start talking again when Brad muttered something. "I have a secret." He said, his eyes focused on something behind James like he was lost in a trance. His eyes were filled with tears and James felt uneasy. "What's the secret?" He asked while placing a hand on his friends knee. Brad let out a humorless chuckle and James felt even more uneasy at the way his friend was behaving. "If I told you, you'd hate me." He whispered and the blonde swallowed thickly. "You'd all hate me. Especially Tristan. You'd all be disgusted by me."
He added and James was shocked.
"We could never hate you, Brad." He whispered comfortingly but the younger boy only shook his head.
"If you'd know," He mumbled more to himself as to James. "If you'd know, you wouldn't be saying this." The blonde let out a sigh and pulled out his phone, texting Tristan who was luckily still awake.