𝟑𝟏. 𝐃 𝐄 𝐌 𝐎 𝐍 𝐒

Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

Demons, Imagine Dragons

"Can you close up behind yourself?"
A voice ripped Brad from his thoughts as the brunette jumped in his seat slightly. "Yeah, yeah sure." He mumbled as a response, nodding towards the older man who had spoken to him. "Alright. You know where the key is. Good night and don't stay for too long." He added and Brad nodded absently, nodding along to his words as he heard the door of the pub shut. He shifted in the bar stool he was sitting on and stretched his sore limps wich hadn't been moved in a while. A sigh escaped his lips as he looked down at the words and short sentences he had scribbled down, nothing seemingly good enough to be lyrics for his next song. He scrunched up the paper and stuffed it into the pocket of his jacket before getting up and leaving the pub he had spent the last 5 hours in, locking the door behind himself as he promised. London was cold to this time of the year and a bit of rain fell down from the sky. Brad arrived at his apartment complex all too soon and decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator.
His shoes left wet patches on the wooden planks from the rain that was falling outside. He took in a breath as he stood in front of his apartment door, holding the key in his hand.
Brad unlocked the door and entered his apartment, taking in the smell of cold food and home. He got out of his wet jacket and shoes before walking down the hallway quietly, gently pushing open the door of the last room in the row. A small, sad smile grew on his lips as he saw his boyfriend laying in their shared bed. He was facing him and his chest was rising and falling with small breaths. Tristan usually stayed up when Brad went out and it made the brunette feel terrible to keep him from sleeping so it was a good sight to see him sleeping already. The brunette sat down on the bed, his eyes never leaving Tristans sleeping body. Things hadn't been exactly well between the two or more like really bad. It was an endless circle of fighting and not wanting to be around each other and they both knew they should end it but they were still holding onto that one last thread that was holding them together. Their undying love for one another. Even after nights full of shouting and crying, all they wanted was to hold each other. Things hadn't always been like this. The first year of their relationship was pure heaven filled with love, vacations and affection but everything changed when their second anniversary had barely passed. Tristan was ready to make their relationship public and Brad definitely wasn't. He had enough hate on his back already and he wasn't ready for people saying their opinion about his relationship as well.
"When did you get back?" Brad jumped at the sound of a raspy voice and realized Tristan had opened his eyes while he was lost in his thoughts.
"Like five minutes ago." The brunette answered and the older male nodded slightly before turning his body away from him, trying to sleep once again.
Brad let out a small breath before getting up and unbottoning his dress shirt wich turned out to be a much harder task than he thought it would be, he tended to forget just how much he drank. "Damn..." Brad mumbled to himself as he tried to open one of the buttons. He soon started to rip at the button when he was suddenly stopped by two larger hands pushing his away from the task and undoing the rest of the buttons with ease.
"How much did you drink?" Tristan asked, his tone monotone. Brad blinked at him in response. He hadn't been this close to his boyfriend in weeks. "Will you need a bucket in the morning?" The blonde asked, his tone now impatient. "M-maybe." The younger boy answered and Tristan nodded before disappearing into the bathroom. He came out with a green bucket in his hand before placing it next to the bed. "Do you need help?"
He asked as Brad only stood, staring at him with his shirt still on his arms. The younger male nodded and Tristan stepped over to him, helping him undress until he was only in his boxers. The blonde then laid back down on the bed and rolled away from Brad's side as far as he could. "Good night." He said before silence engulfed the room. Brad was standing in his boxers, staring at the sleeping figure of the man he loved. "Good night..." He whispered back but it was too late for Tristan to hear anyways.
Brad laid down next to his lover and turned to face Tristans back. He reached out and gently stroked along the blonde's spine, letting his knuckle touch the fabric of his sleeping shirt only ever so lightly.
"Can you at least let me sleep." Tristan growled and the brunette pulled his arm back with a sigh. "Sorry." He whispered and only earned silence as an answer. "I love you." He whispered out and looked up at the back of his boyfriends head with hope in his eyes. "Go to sleep Brad." Tristan sounded tired and sad and it made the brunette feel even worse. He bit his lip before rolling over to face the other way, closing his eyes and trying to sleep.