𝟐𝟒. 𝐎 𝐁 𝐒 𝐄 𝐒 𝐒 𝐄 𝐃

There are days when outside your window
I see my reflection as I slowly pass
And I long for this mirrored perspective
When we'll be lovers, lovers at last

-I Will Possess Your Heart, Death Cab for Cutie

A loud slam next to him made Bradley flinch slightly and try to hide himself in his locker as the kid next to him left without even glancing at the brunette.
The boy sighed slightly and pulled his hoodie more into his face. He only had three minutes left before he had to be at the door to the science room so he quickly pulled his Polaroid camera out of his locker and slammed it shut. After glancing at his camera for a quick second his eyes widened, he only had two shots left. Focusing on the way ahead again he suddenly noticed that he was almost in front of the laboratory so he quickly walked over to it and hid his small body next to the lockers next the blue door.
"I'm telling you man, she was down to do it right then and there. She was a beast." He heard one the schools quarterbacks telling loudly and Brad quickly got into position. "Dude, no way." He heard another voice, his finger hovered above the shutter ready to take a picture when he heard it. "You're talking shit, mate." The wonderful voice of none other than the second quarterback of the Highschool football team. Tristan Evans. Brad almost lost himself in a trance as the blonde walked past the lockers he was standing next to but in just the right second he released the shutter and a small click indicated that the picture was taken. His eyes followed the three males walking towards their next class as the small picture printed out on the top of his camera. He quickly pulled it out of the small hold and stared at it. It was still white but he saw a body slowly forming on the bottom half. A smile spread across his face as he saw the body forming faster and faster until a perfect picture of the blonde male was visible. Brad pressed the picture against his chest with a blush on his cheek before kissing the light plastic and putting it into his bag. The bell rang and he quickly gathered his things before running towards his next class. As he let himself fall into his seat in the classroom his teacher send him a glare. "This is the third time in a row you're coming late to my class, Mr. Simpson. One more time and you'll be heading to the principal's office, am I clear?" The teacher hissed and Brad swallowed thick, sinking deeper into his seat to avoid the stares he was earning from his classmates. "Y-yes sir." He mumbled and the teacher continued his lesson. Brad pulled the hood of his black sweater further over his head and pulled out his art block. He flipped to the newest page and continued his drawing wich he had started two classes ago. The picture showed Tristan in his quarterback uniform, only his head was missing so Brad started to work on his sharp jawline and defined cheek bones. People would call Brad a freak, a stalker and if he was completely honest with himself that was exactly what he was. About six months ago his weird obsession started and it only escalated throughout the months. He knew exactly when Tristan would be where, with who he would hang around with and what classes he had next. Right now, he was in science class while Brad was in history. And next was english, Brad's number one favorite subject because Tristan was in the same class. As the bell rang Brad gathered his things as fast as he could and walked out of the classroom keeping his head down low. He pushed his way through the crowd and got to his locker, opening it with a loud squeak. The brunette pulled out his history book and placed it into his locker before taking out his English book. He closed his locker and put on his backpack. Brad started walking towards class when he was suddenly pushed over by a taller body colliding with his from behind. The brunette groaned quietly before looking up seeing one of the football players with a smirk on his face. "Whoops, didn't see ya there!" The black haired male called out sarcastically and a few people standing around laughed. Brad quickly scrambled up, dusting himself off and started running towards his English classroom, trying to not get detention because of his lateness. "Ah, Mr. Simpson just in time." His English teacher said and Brad just kept his head low, only stealing a small glance at Tristan in the middle row staring out of the window with a bored expression on his face. The brunette fell into his seat and Mrs. Hammers started talking about their new topic as Brad focused his gaze on Tristan, trying not to be too obvious about it. He continued his newest drawing of the blonde and sketched out his perfectly shaped, golden hair when the bell suddenly rang. The lesson went by way too fast for Brad's liking but he just picked up his backpack and left the room. The brunette left out of the huge double doors in the far back of the building and jogged towards the soccer field with his Polaroid camera bouncing up and down on his chest. A light breeze was ruffling the leafes on top of the trees. Autumn really was the boys favorite season of the year next to winter because nobody would look at him weirdly for wearing huge black sweaters. As he was climbing up the wooden bleachers he heard the trainer yelling around loudly. He sat down on the top bunk in the far corner and took out his sketchbook, starting to draw again. About twenty minutes later the drawing was finally finished and Bradley was quite proud of it, staring at it with a smile. He heard a loud yell and looked up from his drawing, focusing his attention back to the training. Tristan looked super hot in his uniform and Brad couldn't help but take another picture of him. The training was done soon and Brad waited behind a huge oak tree for Tristan to get picked up by one of his parents. When the blonde dissappeared into his car, Brad started walking away from school towards his house. On the way he entered a small shop on the side of the road labeled: "Joe's Photography Store"
The shop was small and stacked with cameras and photo equipment. An old man was sitting behind the counter, fiddling with an old camera trying to get the gadget from another time to work once again. "Hey Joe." Brad called out and the old man lifted his head, a small smile forming on his face. "Bradley! I was prepared for you to come on Wednesday like usual." He said and the brunette boy smiled gently, taking his hood off to reveal his curly brown hair. "What do you need, my boy?" The old man asked and Brad pulled out his polaroid camera from his bag. "I need a new film for my old polaroid." He said and placed the camera on the counter top. Joe looked at for a second before looking back up at Brad. "You've been buying a lot of those recently. What makes you take so many pictures?" He asked and a small smile formed on Brad's face. "Something very special." Joe just shook his head with a chuckle and started searching for the film.
When Brad left the shop he looked down at his watch and saw that it was already 5 pm so he started walking a bit faster to not miss the highlight of his everyday life. When he finally arrived at his destination he quickly hid in the same bush he hid in everyday and looked up at the huge house in front of him. Top left window, that's where the show was going to happen. Brad stared at the window almost refusing to blink as to not miss it when he came into view. Tristan was drying his hair with a towel, ruffling the wet blonde strands up. He wasn't wearing anything expect for a towel that was wrapped around his waist. Brad was completely lost in his dreamy world as he watched the blonde's muscles flexing when he moved his arms.
He imagined having those arms around him, keeping him safe. He imagined sleeping in those arms, resting his head on that broad chest and listening to his steady heart beat.
He imagined Tristan manhandling him, whispering into his ear and touching him. The brunette bit his lip at the thought and watched Tristan pulling a shirt over his head. Maybe the people in his school were right, he was a freak. A stalker. Bradley was obsessed with Tristan. Obsessed with the idea of him, obsessed with his looks and obsessed with everything to him. But he was only a freak because he longed for warmth and comfort. He longed for someone to love him, to love him like he loved Tristan.
When the clock hit 8, Brad finally fell into the comfort of his bed with a loud sigh. He had spent the rest of the day by drawing some more and sticking the picture he took today to a blank space on the wall of his two room apartment on the east side of Birmingham. It was small but at least he had a roof over his head. When his parents died 7 years ago they left him enough money to buy an apartment and now he was working at the small photography shop on Wednesday's for a living. Joe was very kind to him and payed him enough money to live even though he only worked one day a week. Brad did his homework for tomorrow and went to bed right afterwards.
His alarm clock blared off the next morning and he got up after a minute of actually waking up. He got dressed, brushed his teeth, took his backpack and walked out of the door, entering the school bus wich luckily held directly in front of his apartment building. It was a Friday wich meant Tristan had no training today wich meant Brad had to take his daily picture of him during lunch or in the hallways. They also had English today wich was exciting for Brad. When the bell rang for class the brunette boy followed Tristan and his friends towards their class before going towards his own. Every minute he could spend seeing the tall boy was a good minute. Science and P.E went by quickly and now Brad was situated next to the same locker he was yesterday to take his daily picture of Tristan. The three boys once again walked by but when Brad took the picture, the flash was on. Luke, the quarterback immediately turned to him with an angry expression. "What the hell do you think you're doing, freak?" He hissed and Brad stepped back in fear at the male who was towering above him. "I-I didn't-" He was cut off by a punch to the face wich made his head snap to the side.
Pain came over his body and Brad held his eye with one hand, his camera dropping to the floor. "What the hell Luke?!" He heard a voice yell and Brad fluttered his eyes open, seeing nobody put Tristan Evans standing in front of him protectively. "What's wrong with you, Evans? Do you know that freak?" Luke spat and Tristan shook his head.
"I don't have to know him to keep you from hurting him even though he didn't do shit to you, you fucking cunt." The blonde spat right back. Brad couldn't believe his ears. Tristan was actually talking about him, he was protecting him. A deep red blush formed on his face as he completely forgot about the pain in his eye.
"Whatever." Luke mumbled before walking off with the other football player. "Sorry for him, mate. He always acts before he speaks." Tristan said and turned towards him, picking up Bradleys camera for him. Their eyes met and Brad felt his heart beat out of his chest. "Your eye doesn't look too bad but you should get that checked out anyway." Tristan said and Brad only nodded slightly. The bell rang and the blonde looked up. "Crap, I'm always late to chemistry. I gotta go, sorry again. Just talk to me whenever Luke acts up again." The older male said, flashing a small smile before quickly running off towards the lab. The brunette stood still in the middle of the hallway completely numb, stroking over his camera wich had been touched by Tristan. He slowly walked towards the nurses office, still completely in shock by what just happened. Tristan had talked to him for the first time ever since he saw him for the first time in the first year of middle school.
"Oh honey, what happened to you?" The nurse asked and Brad just shrugged weakly. She dabbed his eye with a cotton pad and treated the small cut on his eyebrow. "Okay I'm done. You have the rest of the day off, go home sweetie." She said but Brad shook his head quickly. "N-no. I want to stay please." He said and the middle aged woman let out a sigh before nodding. "Okay then."
The brunette boy ran out of the small room and started speed walking towards his next class wich was English, his favorite. As he sat down in his seat in the back, Tristan was already sitting in his seat in the middle of the room playing on his phone. Brad stared at him trying to mesmerize every single detail of him when the teacher came into the room.
"Good morning class." He talked about their new topic for a while and Brad started doodling in his sketchbook. "-And that's why I want you to do a group project about our new topic." At those words Brad's pen fell out of his hand. A group project was probably the worst thing to happen to him especially with the whole football team in his class.
Luke was already glaring at him as the smaller brunette sunk down into his seat. "So, I'm going to read out the groups wich I made myself of course. You'll be in groups of two." Brad clasped his sweaty hands together beneath his desk, begging for a miracle. "Okay first group is Hanna and Elija then we have Tom and Brodie..." Brad leaned forward in his chair, listening for his name when it suddenly came. "Bradley and Tristan."
His heart stopped beating and he forgot to breathe for a second. He didn't hear all the people chatting about their partners, he didn't hear the teacher telling everybody to go sit with their partners, and he didn't hear a chair being pulled up in front of his desk. He only fell out of trance when he was met with the heavenly scent he only knew from stealing one of the male's dark blue sweaters from his gym bag. "Sorry but are you Bradley? I've never seen you in class before." Tristan pulled Brad from his staring at the brunette could only nod slightly. "Well great, I'm Tristan." I know. "Um, we should probably get to know each other so I'm 18," I know.
"I'm the second quarterback of our football team," I know that as well.
"And um yeah, that's about it." oh there's so much more to you. "What about you?" He asked and Brad began to sweat. He was actually talking to
the Tristan Oliver Vance Evans. "U-um I-I-" He stammered around trying to form words. What was he supposed to say? Oh you know, I'm 17 and I like to go around and follow you to your house everyday to see you shirtless for 5 seconds and take photos of you. "I-I like to take pictures." Brad whispered and Tristan nodded slightly. "Yeah I saw that, sorry again about Luke. He's a real douche." The blonde said and Brad nodded slightly. "How old are you?" He asked and the brunette whispered a small 17 wich made Tristan nod slightly. "Well our topic is Hamilton wich is pretty cool I guess. Can we meet up after school to work on it or are you busy?" Busy watching you. "N-no, after school is fine." He said and Tristan smiled. "Great. Can we meet up at yours? My parents won't let me have people over." He asked with a nervous laugh and Bradley's eyes widened. "U-uh okay."
He mumbled and Tristan grinned.
"Great, man I'll see you then." The blonde said and got up since the bell had just rung. "U-uh y-yeah..." Brad mumbled and watched Tristan leave the room. What have I done?
________________
Soooryy for leaving you guys on a cliffhanger but part 2 will be out soon, I promise 🤞🏻
Also, I was at the concert in Hamburg last week and it was insane. Seeing them in real life is absolutely crazy. Also, Brad stared at Tristan for a few seconds when he took off his shirt hehe.
Have a great day! 💓

-Tris xx