𝟐𝟗. 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐀 𝐃

"Hey Brad are you going to be done soon?" A voice called out and the brunette rolled his eyes dismissively. "No, I'm still searching." He yelled back before going back to the task at hand, searching through the boxes that were scattered around the old pharmacy. A package of bandages and a bottle of painkillers came into his view and he grinned. "Score!" He yelled and pulled the two items out of the cardboard box. "You found something?!" Came the voice again and Brad quickly jumped up, climbing through the doors trying to be careful of the glass shreds scattered everywhere. "Painkillers and bandages, both perfectly good in shape." He announced proudly and looked up at his friend. Connor grinned and grabbed the two items, placing them into his backpack. "We should head back. I think I saw some strays over there."
He mumbled and Brad looked around. They were standing in the middle of an old market place. The wind was howling through the alleyways as brown leaves and papers flew around. It had been 16 months since the outbreak of a specific virus that scientists called "ID-7". It spread around like a wildfire and government chose to flee instead of helping the public. Nobody knew just how many people survived and the uncertainty took a toll on everyone. The virus turned every human being that was infected with it into something you could only describe as a Zombie but was lovingly called 'Red Eyes' by the survivers of the apocalypse.
Brad could remember day 0 like it had only been a day.

The virus infected hundreds of people around the globe. The government let the civilization know way too late and too many people were infected already. Brad was on his way to school on the day of the catastrophe. Nothing strange happened until a woman with a huge gash in her arm ran towards him with nothing but sheer terror in her eyes. "HELP! Please help me, it's after me!"
After realizing that the brunette couldn't help her, she ran past him screaming in fear. Bradley didn't know what to do but when he faced forward again he suddenly saw it.
A disgusting looking creature, drenched in blood and other substances was slowly coming towards him. It was dragging one of its legs behind itself and one of its eyes was hanging from its head on a single thread. Bradley froze in fear as the creature that couldn't be compared to a human with its dirty green skin tone came towards him. It was still a few meters away so the boy finally regained his ability to move and started to run as fast as he could into the opposite direction. His breathing was ragged as he kept on running even as his body was aching in pain and sweat was rolling down his forehead. He came to a quick halt when he saw the woman from before standing near the entrance of the park. Her back was facing him and Brad slowly edged closer. He needed to know what the hell was going on. "Ma'am? Do you know what the hell that was?" He asked shakily and the lady slowly turned around. Brad widened his eyes at her appearance. The arm that held the cut was now a grey color, her veins were popping out harshly and the blood seeping out of the gash was black almost. The grey color of the skin seemed to be spreading up her shoulder and she held a terrified expression. "This is it, boy. The end of the world has come." She spoke, her eyes wide and terrified. "You can run but you can never hide." Brad took a step back shakily before deciding his best option was to run further. His home soon came into view but fear ran down his back as he saw the door standing wide open. The brunette ran through the door and looked around the house. "Mom?! Dad!?" He yelled out but received no answer.
He stepped further into the house and entered the living room only freeze in shock. The living room was trashed, the picture frames and painting ripped from the wall and the couch torn to shreds. Brad took a step forward when he heard the crunching noise of glass beneath his shoe. He looked down and saw a broken picture frame laying on the ground. Brad kneeled down and picked the picture up. It was taken the day of his graduation from middle school and his hole family was sitting together, laughing into the camera. A small droplet of water fell onto the sharp edges of the broken glass as Brad bit his lip tightly, salty tears running down his cheeks. "W-where did you go? Don't leave me now. I can't do this alone." He whispered painfully and cried over the picture in the middle of broken furniture.