𝟐𝟐. 𝐅 𝐄 𝐄 𝐋

"Tristan?" Connor called out into the dark apartment. There was no answer so the young male stepped through the door, sliding the key back into his pocket. "Tristan? Brad? Is anybody home?" He called out once more, hoping for an answer. When he took another step, he heard the cracking of glass beneath his boots and the brunette immediately looked down.
Connor picked up a bigger glass shred and examined the remains of a logo on it before smelling the rest liquid on it. "Beer..." He mumbled to himself before throwing the glass shred onto the floor and walking further into the apartment. As he entered the living room, the TV was still running and a few empty beer bottles laid on the coffee table. A picture frame was smashed on the floor. Connor walked over to the shreds of broken glass and wood on the ground and picked up the frame. There was a picture of Tristan and Brad inside, both having an arm wrapped around the other.
There was a small text on the bottom of the picture. Happy Birthday, Bear
Connor sighed before placing the broken frame on the shelf next to himself. He walked through a small corridor and finally arrived at his destination. Opening the door, he couldn't find anything suspicious expect for a few empty beer bottles.
Upon further investigation, the Scottish boy soon found his band mate fast asleep on his bed. Connor let out a huge breath at the sight of the blonde male and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Tris." Connor whispered and the blonde stirred slightly. "Tris, wake up." The younger boy said sternly and the blonde turned around with a groan. "TRISTAN!" Connor yelled and the older male shot up with wide eyes and tossed hair. "Jesus christ, you scared me to death." Tristan heaved out while placing a hand on his heart.
"Just like you did to me." Connor said and the blonde titled his head to the side in confusion. "Huh?" He squeaked out and the brunette got up.
"You didn't answer my calls or texts for three days and then I go talk to Brad about it and he says he hasn't been here in a week?? What the hell is going on?" He asked frantically and Tristan let his head drop. "Brad has a girlfriend." He mumbled and Connor's eyes widened. "Holy shit." He breathed out before letting himself fall onto the bed. The male knew about the huge crush his friend had on his room mate. "I'm so sorry man."
Connor said softly and Tristan shrugged with a sad smile.
"We all knew he wouldn't have been with me in the first place." The blonde said and his younger friend frowned.
"You didn't starve yourself again did you?" He asked and Tristan hesitated for a moment before shaking his head but Connor saw the truth. The sad truth but before he could say anything else he heard the door to the apartment being unlocked and steps entering the living room. "Brad is home." Tristan whispered with wide eyes before getting up and sprinting into the bathroom. "I'm showering if he asks!" He called out before dissappearing into the bathroom.
Connor got up and left Tristans bedroom. Brad was standing in the living room, examining the mess around him. His head lifted up as he heard the steps in the hallway and his eyebrows furrowed as soon as he was met with Connor's ice cold blue eyes.
"Con? What are you doing here?" The brunette asked and the younger male stepped into the room with narrowed eyes. "Where were you?" He asked sternly and Brad shrugged. "Out."
He said and Connor scoffed. "Out? For a week?" He asked and the brunette in front of him narrowed his eyes at him. "Why do you care?"
"The question is, why do you not?" Connor stated and Brad furrowed his eyebrows. "Tristan has been starving himself again. I thought you were looking after him!" Connor said angrily and saw a hint of shock and guilt go through Bradleys eyes but it was gone as soon as it came. He turned around and grabbed his charger from next to the couch.
"That's not my problem." He mumbled and Connor clenched his fists. "If it's not your problem then you shouldn't come back here."
The younger male hissed and Brad looked up at him. "You can't throw me out of my own fucking apartment."
The older said back and Connor stepped forward so he was standing directly in front of his band mate.
"You've been nothing but a huge asshole and an even worse friend to Tristan and you do nothing but hurt him with every second you spend at this god forsaken place you're always at. He's starving himself and it's your damn fault. If you ever come crawling back then you'll have me to deal with, now do us all a favor and leave."
Connor said in a low, angry voice.
Brad bit his lip before grabbing his back and walking towards the door.
He stopped before pressing down the door handle though as Connor stopped him. "I heard you got a girlfriend. Do you treat her as shitty as your friends?" The younger asked and Brad clenched his fists at his side before ripping the door open and exiting the apartment. Connor let out a huge breath and leaned his head back. "Don't you think you were a bit harsh?" A voice cut through the silence that Connor had enjoyed fully and he turned around to see Tristan standing in the hallway. The brunette shook his head. "Someone had to put some sense into him." He mumbled before turning around with a sigh.
The behavior of Brad didn't change one bit, if anything it got worse. He turned up at the apartment once to get his stuff and completely ignored Tristan's existence while he was there. Meanwhile, Tristan fell into old habits. Without his best friend, or more like the love of his life by his side he couldn't keep himself together. Connor and James tried their best to help him and be there for him but Tristan didn't want their help, he wanted Brad. Starvation and alcohol were only a two of his many problems. Depression was taking a huge toll on the blonde and there was nothing James or Connor could do.
"I just don't know what to do anymore. He's getting worse every day and I have no idea how to help him." Connor said with a sad sigh at the end and James placed a hand on his shoulder. They were in the hallway of Tristans apartment complex, planning on checking up on their mutual friend. "I don't know how to help him either, we just have to try." James tried to cheer his friend up and the younger male nodded before taking out a spare key he got from Tristan and unlocking the door.
"Tris?" He called out and silence was his only answer. James and Connor glanced at each other before walking entering the room together. "Tristan are you home?" James yelled but there was once again only silence.
The two began to worry and Connor walked into the living room only to find Tristan laying on the ground.
"Holy shit, Tris!" He called out and fell to his knees next to the body on the floor. "Huh?" Tristan mumbled and gripped his head before slowly sitting up. "Ugh, I'm fine, I'm fine," He mumbled. "Just a little dizzy spell."
"In your condition there's no such thing as a little dizzy spell." Connor said angrily and placed a hand on Tristans forehead. "You're really hot."
The younger male said with a worried expression on his face. "Thanks." Tristan said with a weak smirk on his face. "Can you stand?" Connor asked, completely ignoring the blondes comment. "Y-yes, of course." Tristan said and got up shakily with Connors help. His knees wobbled and the blonde held onto his younger band mate for dear life as his he blinked slowly. "Tris...?" Connor asked and the male turned towards his companion with a hooded expression. "I think it's time to call an ambulance."
Before Connor could even react to his friends words Tristan collapsed to the ground. A gasp escaped the Scottish males lips before screaming for James who came running mere seconds.
"Oh fuck." He said before sinking to his knees and checking Tristans pulse.
"It's really weak, call 999." James instructed and Connor grabbed his phone quickly before dialing the number. Afterwards, everything went by in a blur. Paramedics stormed into the apartment and one of them yelled different things Connor couldn't understand. Tristan was placed onto a stretcher and carried out. The youngest band member remembered hearing the paramedic tell them only family members could ride in the ambulance and James pulling him towards his car. How could this happen? Connor thought to himself on the way to the hospital. But there was one more thing on his mind that made him tremble in rage. Without thinking, he pulled out his phone and dialed an all too familiar number. It rang and the boy clenched his hands into fists. "Hello?" Connor almost broke his fingers as he heard a female voice. "Give Brad the fucking phone right now." He spat and heard shuffling before Brad's voice rang through the phone. "Who's this?"
"I could ask you the fucking same."
Connor hissed into the device and earned a sigh from his older band mate. "Connor, what is it this time?"
The Scottish boys blood boiled as he gritted his teeth. "Me and James are on our way to the hospital because you were too busy with your girl to notice your apparent best friend basically killing himself right in front of you." Connor hissed into the phone. As nothing but silence followed, he continued. "How could you let this happen," He said lowly. "This is all your fault, all of it. If anything happens to Tristan, I will personally beat you up so bad you'll be in a worse condition than him." With those words he hung up and let out a huge breath. James looked over at him with sympathy in his eyes.
"What? No comment on me being too harsh on him?" Connor asked sarcastically but James just looked back at the road. "Maybe he doesn't deserve any better." The older male said solemnly and the brunette sighed. His phone kept buzzing and when he checked it, there were only messages from Brad.