Go to Sleep || Donnie

Request: None

Pairing: Donnie x Gender Neutral! Reader

Summary: Your boyfriend sometimes forgets to sleep. It became your mission to make sure he does.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Donnie? You in here?" You called out as you entered the lab. Walking in, you watched the soft-shelled turtle busy with something you did not know.

It was very late in the night when your best friend, Leo, called you to inform you that your boyfriend has not slept for almost three whole days now. While it was a school night, you did not care one bit. You were always worried that Donnie was not taking care of himself and this just proves your point. So you snuck out and greeted Leo before hunting him down.

Just as you were about to see the project he was working on, he had turned around when you called his name again. He blocked your view and made you suspicious but thought nothing of it. You'll find out sooner or later.

He was swaying slightly on his feet and his face just showed everything you needed to see. Even if he has his mask and goggles on, you can clearly tell from the drowsy smile he's giving you.

"(Y/N)! What, what are you doing in here? Don't you have school this morning?" He said, his voice was quiet and confused and clearly sleepy. You sighed and looked at the time on your phone.

"Donnie, sweetheart, it's one in the morning. You've been cooped up in here for three days living off of coffee." You stated with worry.

"I'm fine, I just need to do some finishing touches." You shook your head and start pulling him out. He gave a slight tug but did not get out of your grip, he's tired and he knows it.

After you took off his gear off, he lied on the bed with a sigh. You don't know if it's because of the loss of time or relief, maybe even both. Since you had come over on your pajamas and Donnie's hoodie, you just took off the jacket and settled in on his bed. You pulled the blanket you left here over to your bodies and snuggled up to him. He buried his face between your neck and shoulder while wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Wait," You hummed, giving your attention to him. "It's a Wednesday night. You shouldn't have come so late." He said in what sounded to be like in distress.

"I'll be fine, sweetheart. I was worried about you ." You muttered.

"Your education is more important."

"Donnie, you have been helping me get through my classes and I am apparently ahead in some of them. This isn't the first time I lost a few hours of sleep, I'll be fine. Now sleep." You grumbled, closing your eyes.

"But, babe-"

"Sleep. And if I hear you utter another word, I will choke you until you pass out."

He grumbled and muttered under his breath but quieted down after a few moments. Small noises of snoring filled the air and you smiled in content.

"I love you, you stupid dork." You said before you went to sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Constructive criticism is appreciated.