Chapter 5.

Nialls P.O.V

The bell had rung for lunch to end. I quickly got up out of the boys bathroom and headed for the downstairs complex of my music class.

I tried not to be noticed. I didn't want to get hurt again.

I sighed in relief as the hallways were practically cleared out. As I begand turning for the corner of my classrom, the next thing I knew I was kicked in the back of my right leg repeatidly. I heard grunts, but couldn't make out who was doing them. And I couldn't open my eyes because with each kick my sight started going blurrier.

I heard the final tardy bell ring as the kicking had stopped. I gripped my stomach and curled up into a ball unable to move, all while trying to close my eyes.

"A-Are you okay?" I heard a soft voice say from above me. I opened my eyes startled.

In front of me stood a girl with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes looking down at me while she was squatted over.

I thought of this as a joke considering anyone usually trying to help me would have some kind of plan to hurt me afterwords. "I'm fine!" I say coldly as I try standing up. Which didn't work as well as I was hoping it would've.

"Here love, don't hurt yourself." She says as she softly tries helping me to my feet.

"I said I'm fine!" I said. A bit ruder then I was expecting it to sound.

She ignored my comment, which made my anger go down a bit. She was actually trying to help me. After I stood fully up I noticed her staring at my stomach with her jaw dropped.

I harshly pull my shirt down out of her hand.

"What happened?" she asks as she pulls my shirt up enough to just see the bruise. "I ran into a doorknob." I lie.

"Then you must've hit that doorknob pretty hard." she smirks as she releases my shirt letting it fully cover me again.

"Yeah." I mumble looking away from her.

"Well if you'll excuse me, I have to get to my next class." I say as I slightly push her out of the way. I see her slightly tumble. I wanted to say sorry but continued walking.

I notice how I'm limping as I began turning the corner the girl says, "Wait!" I turn around facing her waiting for her to continue.

"What's your name?" she asks softly. Why would she even care?

"Niall." I say shortly.

Before she could say another word I turned the corner. I had some strange feeling that I would want her to remember my name.

************

a/n hey! so I'm sorry its super short but ill be sure to update tomorrow! thanks! x