Chapter 16.

I skipped downstairs and tripped over something very hard and solid. I let out a groan as I stood up noticing Jonus lying on the floor.

"Jo, what are you doing?" I sighed.

"Planking." He responded simply.

I rolled my eyes before kicking him and running into the kitchen, only to slip on a piece of ice.

As I got to school I found Louis and ran up to him to find him talking to Zayn.

"Heyyy!" I sang with a small smiling, indenting my dimples.

Zayn smiled and quickly rapped me in his arms, bringing me into a tight hug. "Hey babe!" He smiled. I then hugged Louis who basically had the same greetings.

After that short, uneventful day went by, I went home and crashed in my bed after doing what seemed like relentless hours of homework.

___

I woke up the next morning in my brothers bed, covered in Jo's dirty underwear. I gagged and threw it at the sleeping boy lying on the bed flipping through a magazine.

He shot up quickly and hid the magazine under his pillow.

"Jo, what was that magazine about?" I asked curiously as I noticed his diners fumbling with each other. He did that when he was nervous or was lying.

"N-- nothing. I've got to get ready for school." He said in a rush. Jo began walking towards the door, right when I retrieved the magazine.

He flipped himself around as he heard a sharp gasp come from my mouth.

"A porn magazine?" I examined in shock.

Jo's eyes popped out of his head and his face drew a dark shade of red. "Don't tell mum." He pleaded.

I stared at him, then back down at the magazine, then at him again. "Jo, your thirteen. You shouId being reading these barbaric things anyways."

He glared at me. "Zack had a bunch of these and he was only fourteen!." Jonus said angrily.

"Don't talk about Zack, Jonus. You know mum doesn't like to talk about him in this house."

"Yeah well she doesn't like to talk about dad either! I cant talk about my brother who she kicked out for choosing to be gay! We can't talk about anything in this house with her anymore! I can't tell her I'm gay! I can't tell her I get picked on everyday for it! I can't tell her that when I'm usually at the arcade alone some kid beats me up and takes all my money!" He exclaims throwing a pillow on the floor and falling to the ground.

I felt a hard lump come in my throat as I realize everything he had just spoke. What if he becomes the new Niall? Getting beaten up everyday, afraid of everyone and everything just because he's different? That's when it hit me, those two words. "Im gay."

I stared at him in disbelief. "Your gay?" I asked simply.

He nodded. I sighed, "Well... We can't tell mum... not yet." I walked over to Jonus and put both my arms around him. "Go to school, and when you get back I want you to talk with one of my friends-- a person I know. Alright?" I whisper.

He looks up at me and nods his head. I wipe his tears and leave the room.

I quickly get dressed, realizing I may be late. I throw on a random part of clothing from my closet, leave my hair down, and run outside completely skipping breakfast. That's a first.

I hop on my longboard and ride it into the school building not really caring if I get yelled at by an annoying teacher at this moment.

I looked around the halls until I found Niall sitting by his locker on his phone.

I tripped on my board landing right in from of him. He looks up surprised but I got up before he could let a word out. "Do you think you could come by my house after school?" I asked out of breath.

He looked confused but then nodded. I smile and grabbed his hand. "Thank well I--"

"Tiana, why are you talking to this queer?" I turned around to see Kyle angrily standing there, and behind him was Louis and Harry. Harry looking confused while staring at the ground, and Louis just looking plain sassy.

"I was just asking him something." I said with a shaky voice.

Kyle moved me aside and I saw the fist going straight for Niall, but without thinking I jumped right in front of Niall feeling the full impact hit my face, then the second fist fly into my ribs.

I let out a small whimper and everything went blurry. All I remember was watching a small blonde boy tackle Kyle and before i knew it, i was fully blacked out.

--

When I woke up a strong scent of wet paint and cough medicine filled my nose. I opened my eyes to find myself lying in the school nurses office, along with Niall and Louis in two separate chairs.

I sat up and Louis quickly ran to me as he held an ice bag to his eye. "Tiana! Your awake!" He exclaimed.

I then remembered everything that had just occurred. "Where's Kyle?" I asked, fully unaware of my pounding forehead until I spoke.

"Suspeneded." Louis smiled shyly. "And... He also he wanted me to tell you that he's breaking up with you because you were talking to a... queer." He said the last part quietly and began fiddling with his fingers.

I gasped as I noticed the gash on his eye. "Your bleeding!"

He snorted. "And you've got an ugly black eye and a broken rib."

That's exactly the moment I felt the pain shutter through me as I let out a breath. "Well leave." I said carelessly.

He looked confused. "Okay." He sighed.

He stood up from the side of the bed. "Oh right, and Harry and I are going out." He said with a sly grin. Without another word he slipped out of the room.

I smiled but then looked over at Niall. I hopped off the bed and felt as if I was going to die but thats just me being the dramatic girl I am. Luckily there was a wheelchair a few feet away. I sat in it and rolled myself over to Niall.

"Hey Niall."

He looked up briefly but then back at his lap. I tapped his shoulder and he grabbed my hand. "I'm sorry I should've never talked to you in public. It was all my fault that your in here and that you and Kyle aren't together." Niall said everything in a rush I could hardly understand it.

"Niall, you saved me basically. If I had stayed with Kyle any longer then it would have happened sooner or later." I said as I rubbed his back.

"But Louis wouldn't have gotten into that fight and wouldn't have a black eye if I hadn't had talked to you."

Louis fought for me? That's sweet.

I stare at him a little confused at first but then stand up. "Come on." I say holding out my hand.

"What?"

"Take me hand. Do you wanna go or not?" I ask.

He stares at my hand before hesitantly taking it. I open the door and right when I do, the school bell goes off.

"People are staring." He whispers in my ear.