Fragment 9 - Defeated

1st Floor — Illfang the Kobold Lord

"Damn it! This was nothing like the beta test! It's not a Talwar it's a Nodachi!," struggled the raven-haired player as he struggles to get up.

"Watch out!" as the boss swung its axe down, Agil was able to parry its attack.

"Thanks!" Yelled the young man as he stood back up, "Tch, we can't let Diavel's death be in vain. We have to do something!" He dashed toward the boss, his partner in the cloak joining his side.

"You're not doing this alone," the individual said reassuring him.

"Heh, then like we did with the sentinels back there! I'll attack and parry then I'll yell 'Switch'! Got it?!" He gave out reasonable orders as they continued to close the gap between them and the boss, "HYYYAAAHHHH!" The young man slashed down inflicting a significant amount of damage. Then in that instant, "Switch!"

It seemed like a good opportunity to strike, but the boss reacted too fast for the cloaked player to land a hit.

"ASUNA!" Yelled the young man to warn them.

Before the monster could hit her, Asuna moved out of the way but her cloak was destroyed in the process, unveiling her long orange-chestnut hair that cascaded over her shoulders and exposing her soft hazel eyes. The attack didn't faze her, instead, she successfully landed a strong hit on the boss depleting its HP and blasting it back.

"Hmph," an outstanding performance that mesmerized the all-male players in the room. She wore ivory-hued leggings that stretched up to her thighs, her short red skirt and top matched in color, and a silver breastplate upon her chest.

"Ahem," she scoffed at her partner who had been staring blankly at her for the last minute.

"Wha- Oh! S-Sorry! I was just--" he stuttered.

"Please don't go using my name like that, Ki-ri-to," Asuna mocked his name.

"Ahaha...Right. Let's not get distracted though he's coming back," Kirito readied his sword as did Asuna with her rapier.

The Kobold Lord was ready to blast its next attack as it rapidly charged its weapon, glowing a fiery crimson. The killing intent it had only increased, causing a few players to stagger in fear. It snapped its jaw more violently wanting to kill what was in front of it.

"Get ready!" Kirito yelled.

Everyone who had shields brought them up to defend themselves, everyone with weapons pointed their blade at the enemy. The boss jumped high in the air then launched itself towards the players, but before it could land on the ground, an incredibly fast projectile pierced right through its stomach knocking out half of its HP it had in the two bars remaining. The projectile penetrated a pillar stopping its momentum and stuck out like a thorn on a rose.

"What was that?!" The players shouted looking around where the sudden blast came from.

"ATTACK!" Howled Young Haru as he burst through the open doors without any warning. He charged through the middle then rolling to his side to avoid the boss' sword skill. His legs brought him to his spear he threw moments before his appearance, pulling it out of its place he immediately parried the attack that would've decapitated him. "URGH! RAAH! TAKE THIS YOU MONSTER!" Haru stabbed at the monster continuously until its next strike blasted him backward where everyone else was watching him solo the fight.

"Ouch!" The young boy shrieked as he landed on his back.

The boss' second HP bar was now centimeters away from reaching zero and then they would finally be at the final stretch of the fight.

"Let's go Asuna!" Ordered Kirito once he saw a chance to breakthrough.

That kid. I can't let him out do me. A grin appeared on Kirito's face as he was happy to see a familiar face.

Dashing as fast as they could toward the boss before it could do anything, Kirito slashed at it twice taking out the second bar then yelled, "Switch!". Asuna came from behind and rapidly assaulted the boss like bullets from a gun because her attacks were too fast to see. When she pulled back to let Kirito parry the Kobold Lord's next strike, her partner was outsmarted, but before the strike could be landed on Kirito, Haru threw his spear again and this time it was a clean headshot. The surprise attack messed up the boss' attack pattern, so Kirito took the opportunity to decimate the rest of its HP.

"RAAAAAH!" Kirito initiated what would've been a combo but nobody was counting. On his final thrust, he kept his sword in the monster's body and slashed upward until the Kobold Lord screeched in pain then scattering into a thousand pieces.

The words "Congratulations" appeared in large letters, everyone whooping and hollering at the amazing feat they just pulled off. The first step to go back home has been made.

However, while it was a time for celebration there were those who couldn't accept what just happened.

A/N

We finally made it to the end point of the first floor! *Claps* It took awhile but with much of the intro out of the way, things will definitely move on from this point. I thank those who have made it through the beginning of this story, I will do my best to keep you guys reading till the end.