Fragment 27 - Silica

Floor 44 - Volvo Labyrinth: Deep

Wandering the 44th floor for nearly hours Haru, Musashi, and Hero had run out of potions and items to heal.

"Ahhh, I can't! It's pointless! We've been going in a circle for too long!" Haru was the first to plop onto the ground and complain about their situation.

"Seriously...I feel exhausted myself, my armor makes it a little heavy to move," said Musashi who was slowly unequipping her breast plate.

"No potions...we can't teleport because we havn't found the checkpoint...I'm actually feelin a little hungry..." Hero sighed.

"At this point we're just losing our minds..." the young player's eyes were swirling.

They were all sitting down, Musashi was scrolling through her menu then paused.

This...is from way back...I wonder if we could eat this and restore our HP? She tapped then waited.

After a few moments, a giant, familiar golden egg materialized in midair, dropping in front of the group catching Haru and Hero off guard.

"Wha—?!" they both stood up and drew their weapons.

"Hey wait, I recognize that egg! Isn't that the one you took from Gold?" speculated Haru.

"Yeah, I was wondering if we could cook this somehow," she put a hand to her chin.

"Cook it? How are we going to—" before the eyepatched individual could finish his sentence, Haru interrupted him.

"Heheheh! I've actually been practicing my cooking skills lately with Asuna!" The young player puffed his chest.

"Can you really?" Musashi doubted him.

"Wait and see."

A Few Minutes Later

Haru laid out his cooking utensils ready to make some food out of the golden egg, while Musashi helped him choose potential recipies however.

Rattle

"Hm? Guys, I think the—" Hero was looking at the egg until it suddenly began to crack, "...Guys...GUYS! THE EGG'S BLOWING UP!"

Looking at Hero with eyes that didn't believe him, they looked behind him, then their eyes widened.

"H-Hero...d-don't move..." stuttered Haru.

"Wait, it doesn't look that dangerous..." Musashi crept closer to Hero and looked at the specimen that made its way to Hero's head.

It looks like a bird...the Nightwatcher... The bird was the ebony black and had bright green eyes as well as a cute screech.

"D-Don't tell me it's o-ontop..." Hero was quivering.

"Hero don't move," warned Musashi as she got closer. Almost...There! But as soon as she went to grab it, it immediately took off in some random direction

"Ohhh! It's a hunt! Let's go!" Haru led the charge.

"Geh..."

30 minutes later

"FINALLY!" yelled the exhausted Musashi as she held the black bird in her hands.

"Skree!" It peeped.

Hero and Haru sat on the ground panting. They managed to run through the labyrinth without encountering too many monsters, when they did they immediately got rid of them.

The blonde player looked around and saw what seemed to be what they needed the most. " A TELEPORTER! OH MAN!" He immediately got up to activate it.

Musashi looked at her new winger companion, "I guess that chase wasn't all for naught." The bird tilted its head.

"So we're not gunna eat it?" Haru said.

"No!" His elders yelled.

After activating a teleporter, the trio immediately made it back to the 44th floor's safe zone.

Floor 44 — Volvo Town

Reaching their destination, the three sat down on a near by bench and stared at the winged fellow laying ontop of Musashi's head.

"'Would you like to register a name for your pet?'" Read Musashi as a menu popped up with a blank bar.

"A pet, huh? It never occurred to me that we could have pets in this game. That's pretty cool," Hero said.

"Didn't you guys hear about the Dragon Tamer recently?" Haru's comrades shook their head, so he elaborated. "Apperantly this 'Dragon Tamer' has special abilities that's why everyone wants them in their party...I'm trying to remember the name. I think it was S-Sil...Ciru?No—"

Then from a distance, a loud player yelled out a particular name that helped Haru remember. "Silica!"

"Ah, right! Silica! Wait what?" The young boy stood up in search of the player who yelled her name, Hero and Musashi did the same.

"Maybe this 'Silica' can help me figure out how this works!" Musashi went dashing ahead of them.

"W-Wait!"