Fragment 26 - Knights of the Blood Oath

Dozens of floors after the 25th Boss fight, Haru's group had made a name for themselves and their performance against the extremely difficult floor boss.

Several large guilds were created to overcome the barries of under preparation. It was a new age for the Front Line and future floor boss battles.

Floor 38 - Daedra Square

"Again?" Haru swiped his menu away with an annoyed look on his face.

"What's up?" Musashi peeked over at him as they walked down the pathway.

"This same guild keeps sending me messages to join their guild, but it's not just them. Black Knights, Crimson Hunters, and some guild named...uh...Guilty Pleasure?" he hesitated with the last one.

"You don't have to worry about that last one...But guilds, huh. It's been non-stop requests for me too, but I'm not interested," Musashi shared her insight on the situation.

Someone ran up beside them, "Heh! Guess who just got a request from one of the most prominent guilds in the game!" Hero puffed out his chest.

"Who?" Haru and Musashi said at the same time.

"C'mon guys, are you serious? It is I, the most powerful player, with the blood of fire, a mind of steel, and reflexes like thunder!" He began to strike awkward poses in public.

"Okay, okay. We get it. Stop," Musashi felt embaressed while Haru laughed up a storm.

"Ah! That reminds me there's a place I need to stop by before we go on our hunt," the young boy remembered his errand.

"And what's that?" she asked.

"We're going to the Knights of the Blood Oath headquarters."

Floor 38 - Knights of Blood Oath (KoB) Headquarters

The trio entered a location that resembled something like an office building in the real world, but built with bricks. Nothing too fancy, but it seemed nice for a guild who was still growing in numbers.

"Commander, the Triple Threat has come to us after receiving your invitation," said a soldier as he opened the door.

Haru, Musashi, and Hero walked in with passive looks on their faces as they approached to what seemed like a court room.

"I'm sure you have made up your decision? As the Commander of KoB, I welcome you to our—"

"We're not joining," Haru interrupted the individual midsentence.

Not surprised, the individual with the title of Commander continued, "Is that so? Not only the Lightning Flash, but the Triple Threat as well? I get that we are still a growing guild. What is it that prompts you to not join?" the Commander asked.

Haru looked at Musashi who then sighed.

"Despite your generous offer, we've decided to remain as a party rather than to increase our numbers. In all honesty, our little leader isn't interested in the idea of working as a subordinate for someone else," she replied in the young boy's place.

Hero was impressed with what she said and had the urge to say something along those lines to seem impressive.

"I guess it can't be helped. I was looking forward to your cooperation, but not everyone will agree. Anyways, I appreciate you all for taking your time to reply to my selfish request." Said KoB's Commander.

The trio said their goodbyes and left the building.

"I wasn't too familiar with the guy. I've heard that you two have partied up with KoB's Commander in the past, before he even created KoB," Hero walked with his arms crossed.

"Right. He never seemed like the type to real ly invest his time in others but...this is what he's created. There's no doubt that the guild will continue to grow," Musashi added on.

"What do you think about him, Haru? KoB's Commander, someone who was once called the Black Swordsman," continued the young man with the eye patch.

"Kirito, huh? Well, this conversation was definitely a lot stiffer than previous ones we've had. I don't have anything against him, I just prefer not to be in a position of uh...anything." Replied Haru.

I have a feeling he's not going to stop trying to get us to join. Haru thought.

"Why don't we just make a guild ourselves? We're pretty popular, I'm sure many people would join," mentioned Hero as the other two looked at him like 'are you serious?'

"No, I don't like having to tell people what to do or receiving orders," the young boy pouted his cheeks. My big sister would always treat me like I was a little kid, so I would rather not be treated like one again.

"I think you just don't want to be treated like a little kid," Musashi chuckled, "my little sister—Er..." she caught herself in an awkward position.

Crap. That slipped. She bit her lip.

Realizing that she couldn't talk at the moment, Hero quickly thought of something to switch up the conversation.

"What were we hunting for again? Lizard tails?"

"No," Haru brought up his menu to view the quest requirements, "it was...Ugh...Troll Nails."

"Well considering the type of place the 38th floor is, it makes sense," said the player with the shield.

The 38th floor was a murky area that resembled lower floors in the past, but the monsters and atmosphere was a lot more intense.

The trio were on a quest to gather materials for weapons with amazing stats. However, the upper floor levels didn't get easier. Soon, the monsters and the labyrinths weren't the only threat that players had to worry about.

They had to protect eachother, from themselves.