Fragment 13 - "PKer"

A/N
If anyone is wondering about 'Cinnamon' being the choice of smell, well let's just say I love cinnamon buns. Well enough of that let's get right back into the story.

|The Thief's POV|

What's with this kid? Calling me a 'thief' out of nowhere...and 'nice-smelling'?

"I'm sorry, but have I met—"

"Save it! I'm no hero of justice, but I can try! And what you're doing is wrong!" He yelled at me.

"R-Right...Well, I don't have time to play with you kid so..." but before I could finish my sentence, he interrupted me for the second time.

"Aren't you going to give back that stone? It wasn't yours in the first place," he said innocently.

I squeezed the object in my hand. There was no way I was going to give it back after wasting my time in that party.

"It's none of your business kid," I scoffed and left the strange boy in the bush.

Now back to my original plan...I'll sell this for a fortune then join another party that'll 'share' some rare loot.

I smirk to myself.

You really can't do this type of thing in the real world. What can I say, without rules, I can do whatever I want.

Keeping my thoughts to myself I walk over to the nearest vendor to sell the ruby.

50,000 col. Not bad. That racks up my col to...450,000. With this much, I can definitely buy the best weapon and armor in stock.

"Hey is that..."

"Yeah..."

Players around me begin to whisper.

"The one who uses hordes of monsters to kill players then steals rare items from right under their noses, Musa--"

"Hey! Where did you hear that from?!" I storm the direction I hear the false accusations.

Hold on, I haven't killed a single player. That's obviously a lie!

The people who saw me cowered in fear, refusing to tell me the origin of the lie. It wasn't till after the fifth person that I was able to learn where it came from. It seems like only a handful of people have heard of this lie.

Such bogus. People actually believed them? If they had told people that I just stole from them I could let them get away with that...but being labeled as a PKer doesn't sit right with me.

6th Floor - Field

I learned that the party I was previously with spread those rumors and that they set out to the 6th floor's field. With hopes to find them, I asked everyone I saw along the way for specific traits the people in the party had.

"Excuse me, have you seen a party of three girls? One has red hair with a dagger hitched on her side," I asked a swordsman clothed in all black.

"Yeah, I saw them headed that way," he pointed east.

"Alright, thank you!" I headed in the direction he pointed to and there I was able to find the group in no time.

Before I approached them they seemed to be discussing something, so I hid within the mist.

"Oh, how dumb people can be in this game! Just sprinkle in lies and everything seems believable," said one female player.

"Who would've thought using that woman's name would give us so much. Right, Vivi?" said another.

"Yeah, telling people sob stories that touch them so much they give us money is just classic! She should've thought twice about deceiving us like that. No one's going to want her in their party, so she'll end up being alone." the red-haired player, Vivi smirked.

So that's how it is. That's actually not a bad idea if they've managed to succeed, but I don't like the idea of being called a 'Murderer' in a VR death game. I'm not the same as that man...

I stop thinking to myself and come out of the mist to confront them.

"I applaud you all, but now's the time to take those words back."