Fragment 15 - A "Gold Digger's" Request

It wasn't easy to recruit Musashi after the whole incident being called a "PKer". Haru tried to allieviate the situation, and his plan somewhat worked.

The title "Beast-Slayer, Musashi" had spread like a wildfire, but of course, it was another false rumor. No one wanted to join her party despite how much she tried to tell people the truth.

Haru, the instigator, tried to recruit Musashi to his party but wasn't successful until climbing up all the way to the 12th floor. She was unable to bear his pestering any longer, so she succumbed to his persistence. 

And because of his position as a front-liner, she had to adapt to become an above-average player in order to fight in the front line.

16th Floor - Town Teleporter

"That was great! Our timing has gotten better right, Musashi?!" Excitedly jumped Haru.

"Yeah, compared to before, we were a total train wreck, but I think we got the whole 'switching' business down," she said, swiping through her menu.

"I honestly can't get used to the front line battles. Everyone is going at it really hard, I envy their strength to move forward," Musashi sighed.

"Don't worry about it. You'll get used to it eventually. You've already fought four floor bosses with us, so there's no doubt—"

"Please don't make me remember those fights...I was on the verge of losing my life multiple times...And I blame you, kid," she pointed a finger at him.

"There you go again calling me a 'kid'! It's H-A-R-U!" he inflated his cheeks.

Musashi patted his head then told him, "Let's have a drink, I'm sure everyone is exhausted from all the fighting so they might be in here," she pointed at the bar next to the INN.

"D-Drink?"

Sycamore Den Bar

The bar they entered was full of individuals that they knew very well from the front lines. Right off the bat, Musashi ordered a jug of 'alcohol' or 'beer' and began to drink with many of the male players.

Haru was pretty much cast into a corner, watching his only partner enjoy her time without him.

"How did she end up being so popular..." he murmured as he drank his orange juice.

"Say don't you have a lover or boyfriend in the real world, Musashi?" said one of the fellas.

"There you go again, Derek! Spouting nonsense! I've got no one like that!" she laughed.

"Then how 'bout having me? Hahahaha!" he joked.

"No chance in hell, buddy!" a flat out rejection.

Adults are scary...Thought Haru.

Suddenly, he sees an unopened message in his menu.

A message...who could it be...Oh! He quickly read the passage that was sent to him.

16th Floor - Vendor Alley

"Where are we going?" Asked Musashi who was sceptical of shady areasz

"He said he's by— There he is! GOLD!!" the youngster yelled.

In a crowded area filled with multiple vendors, there was a certain individual who stood out.

Reacting to his name, the player named 'Gold' waved his hand.

What...is this guy...Musashi couldn't believe her eyes.

"Haru! Long time no see buddy!" said Gold, who was also literally dressed in so much gold or yellow.

"As always you're still obsessed with the color yellow, huh? You even changed your hair color to match with everything else you have," mentioned Haru.

Wearing light armor that only covered his upper body, it was evident that the player didn't kill monsters that often. The color yellow or gold dominated his color sense, so his body was as bright as the sun. The worse part was trying to make eye contact with him because his hair was blonde, so it was nearly impossible to not squint while looking at him.

"Heh. This is the sign of wealth, and with wealth is power! Annnd~ who might this fine lady be?" he immediately asked.

Musashi stared at the young man scrupulously. This guy reminds me of a character from this one mobile game I played in the real-world.

"My name's Musashi," she said sticking her hand out as a proper introduction.

"I'm Gold! Nice to meet you Musa....Musa...Musashi?!......" he began to sweat profusely, "as in...the Floor-Boss killer, Musashi?!" he squealed.

"Fl-Floor boss?!" she couldn't believe what she heard.

Gold whispered in Haru's ear, "What are you doing wih the Floor-boss killer?! Haven't you heard that her name is literally what she is?!"

"Ahhaaa..." Haru had no response to that.

She ran out of potions during the fight against the 14th floor boss and got desperate to kill it, so she went on a rampage on the last HP bar and ended up killing it while taking the last attack bonus. Haru internally described that story.

Young Haru cleared the air about Musashi, so Gold was relieved.

"So, business isn't going well, right?" Haru guessed.

"Y-Yeah...it'd be great if you could buy something...pretty please~"

"No. Besides you said you had something urgent to do, if it was this then we're leaving."

"Wait! There really is something!" Desperately yelled the golden man.

Catching the duo's attention, Gold described the urgent situation.

After eagerly listening to his request, Haru and Musashi had different reactions to his offer.

Musashi was the first to respond, "Oh hell—"

Until she was interuppted by Haru's loudness.

"Oh heck yes! We'll do it!"