Fragment 31 - Trial

|POV: Haru|

I couldn't move my legs. There was nothing I could do. The girl in front of me looked down with her intimidating amber eyes.

B-Blood lust...

"Did you see all of that?" Her voice was low and  stern.

The words wouldn't leave my mouth.

"Judging by your expression, you probably did," she bent down to eye level with me, "...are you scared?" she asked.

"..." lying probably wouldn't help me in this situation, so I nodded my head 'Yes'.

"How honest...if it was just you and I here, I probably would've tried to attack you on the spot, but it looks like we've got company," she looked past me.

The voices I heard coming down the pathway were none other than Musashi and Hero's. But before I could yell for help, she covered my mouth then dragged me away to a remote location.

I had no idea how I was going to get out of this situation. The only thing I could do was wait.

She sat ontop of a boulder and watched me like a hawk.

"Uhm...why don't you just kill me?"

Woah! Woah! What did I just say?! Did I just break down to the pressure she was giving off?!

She tilted her head. "Do you want to die? I have no reason to kill you, besides the fact that you saw me kill three people. For now...I guess I'm just holding you hostage?" The girl wasn't even sure herself, but she seemed so passive about it.

"How can you act so carefree? It doesn't bother you that—"

"Nothing...I feel nothing...I just got tired of them."

"T-Tired?" I couldn't believe what she was saying, "you killed them...because you were tired of them?" I felt my head start to heat up, "YOU'VE GOT TO BE—"

Before I blew up, her amber eyes locked onto mine and said, "This doesn't compare to the suffering I experienced in real life, brat."

My advances immediately stopped. She jumped from the boulder and ended up in front of me, "You have no right to pester me when you can't do anything yourself."

I picked up on what she meant. "T-Then you saw me..."

"Yeah, I sure did. You saw what they did to me didn't you? Taking all of my stuff, hitting me, beating me. That happened on a daily basis, they didn't care as long as they were still alive."

Compared to how she seemed like when she was in their party, this girl is now a completely different person.

"But I wouldn't expect a kid like you to understand," she scoffed.

"SHUT UP!" I yelled.

My voice echoed around the area then we felt a sudden earthquake.

"H-Huh?! Below!" We jumped out of the way.

A giant golem was underneath us as it slowly took its shape. The boulder the girl was sitting on was its head.

"Tch, what timing!" The murderer pulled out her weapon.

She's not running away? I shook my head. Now's not the time for that! We have to kill this mid-boss!

5 minutes Later

I recieved the bonus drop, but before I could talk to the girl again, she was gone. There was a moment where I could've let her die but I wouldn't let that happen.

Her movements were way too fast for a normal player to follow...I think she's on par with Asuna, no...maybe even faster.

I turned my attention to the drop.

Hm? This item...Oh lucky!

"Heey!" I heared yelling.

"Ohh! Hero! Musashi!" I waved at them.

"You idiot! Don't go wandering off like that!" Musashi was really mad.

"Sorry, it won't happen again."

"We heard a lot of noise earlier, were you fighting something?" Hero asked.

"Yeah, we—er..I fought a golem, and got a real nice drop out of it." I stuttered.

Yikes...Hero might not have caught that but Musashi might've...I glanced at her and she was staring me down like her ebony winged friend.

"H-How about we end the exploration for today? I'm feeling a little tired," I nervously laughed.

"Silly, we don't get tired," My blonde party mate said.

"Fine," Musashi said sternly, "there's a few things I want to talk about too."

Floor 55 — Granzam

We made it back to the safe zone, but something already felt off.

"Did you hear, KoB captured a red cursored player just now."
"No way?!"
"Yeah, they said they're going to hold some type of trial."

Hero and Musashi looked serious. Ever since learning about red cursors we've been on edge.

I wanted to mind my own business but...

"Apperantly it was a girl! I didn't really get to see what she was wearing, but her eyes left a huge impression on me." Said one player.

I quickly went up to them, "What color were they?!"

"They were a strong golden-yellowish color."

Like I thought! I thanked the player then made my way to KoB headquarters.

"Wah— Haru! Wait!" My party chased after me without knowing what I was trying to do.

Floor 55 - KoB Headquarters

We made our way inside, ignoring the guards that blocked the doorways.

"I'm sorry Silver Bullet, but you're not allowed to come in! Commander Kirito is currently holding a trial for the red cursored—"

"I have to see what's going on, please let me through!"

"Wait, Haru what's going on? This has nothing to do with us," Hero was right, it did have nothing to do with us, but for some reason I couldn't let it slide.

Musashi kept quiet and followed along with her arms crossed and serious expression.

I know I shouldn't be doing this...Yet I can't stop myself from moving forward...Why am I...

"Halt! This is the door to the main chambers, without permission you are not allowed to enter—hey, wait!" Another guard tried to stop me.

The doors slowly opened, but he managed to restrict my movement by planting my face into the ground.

Once the doors were fully opened, I saw the girl with the red cursor infront of me, looking down as she did before.

"How unexpected to see you here, Haru." Said Kirito, the commander of KoB.