Chapter 3

I watch and watch until the sun starts setting and the ginger takes a small break, he looks at me with piercing blue eyes and pats the spot next to him with his hand. I nod and sit down next to him.

"My names, Ed." He states nicely and shows me a small smile, I smile back.

"My names, Lily. I like your songs." I comment. He chuckles and nods his head up and down slowly with a big smile on his face. I am seriously making a fool out of myself, I never get nervous but something about his guy makes me stutter and lose my train of thought.

"Are you always playing by the fountain?" I ask out of nowhere. He looks at me like he is lost in his thoughts.

"Yeah, I've played a few gigs at small bars but this is my usual spot, not many people want 16 year old playing songs at a bar." He explains. 16? He looks around 18 or even 20 years old!

"Only 16? You look around 18." I confess and look down at my sweating palms.

"I get that a lot. Looking older is a gift and a curse. How old are you?" Ed asks me. How can that be a curse?

"16, how can looking older be a curse? You can get alcohol easy and you can at least get a job." I exclaim with a small laugh after I brought up the alcohol.

"People look at me like an old bum, not like a teen trying to survive." Ed says quietly and looks down at his palms. I look up at the sky and notice the stars are out and the sun is no longer there. It's about time to get home.

----

Like!

Vote!

Comment!

Share!