Chap. 6

LYRYC POV

It's been two weeks since Alexandrite started school. She was in school and Chrys was about to leave for work. He was leaving for work but I wanted to tag along.

"Baby. Can I come to work with you? I've never seen your workplace," I say. 

He literally almost choked on his drink. "Why? Aren't you going job hunting like yesterday?" he asked.

"I was gonna go but then this crazy idea crossed my mind," I speak.

"Well, no. You can't come," he said plainly.

"Why? Are you hiding something?" I ask.

"N-no. Fine, you can come," he said.

I ignored the fact that he stuttered and played along. "Yay! I'll go get dressed," I say making my way upstairs. I stopped behind the wall just to eavesdrop on his phone conversation. He was definitely hiding something and I was gonna get to the bottom of it.

"Marco, my wife's coming to work with me today. Please, make sure everything's okay. Code 1556. I repeat code 1556," he said as he ended the call.

Wtf is code 1556??

I got dressed and left with him.

.................

His car smelled like perfume but I wasn't gonna jump to conclusions. It could have been Alex's or just a female friend.

He turned on some music and began to sing.

........

"Everyone, this is my wife Lyryc. Lyryc, these are the people I work with Marco, Natalie, Ms.Vegas, Jimmy and Amelia," he introduced us. 

Marco seemed cool but we needed to have a talk about code 1556. Natalie looked shy and she was married- I assumed due to ring on her left finger. Ms.Vegas was an old lady who was sweet and pretty. Jimmy was the camera guy and nodded his head at me. Amelia now.... she rolled her eyes at me but I don't give a fuck. She's really pretty though. She was even wearing the same color I was.

 She was even wearing the same color I was