Chap. 25

LYRYC POV

Once everyone mom invited was here and made ourselves acquainted with one another. 

"Lyryc?" I here a male voice say.

I turn around seeing a high school friend I haven't seen in over 15 years. 

"Malyik?" 

"In the flesh!" he said as he hugged me. I had no idea he was coming since I exited the group chat mom made and made Chrys or Alex fill me in on everything. 

He hugged me a bit too passionate to be honest and that's when Chrys made his presence known to Malyik. 

"What are you doing here big head?" Judith say as they hug.

"My wife is somewhat related to you guys so I got invited," he said.

Wife?

"Lyryc!" Yanee yelled as she hugged me. "Wazzup girl?" I say as I hug her back.

"I'm fine. Just in case you're wondering Malyik and I are married now," she says.

Oooohhh that's how. 

"Hmmm..."

"Yeah. We have 2 daughters Yaneel and Yaneica," she said as she pointed them out. Yaneel was talking Alex and Yaneica was playing with my niece Kaineen.  

A car pulled up to the yard playing some loud ass music and I new exactly who it was.

"Babe, are expecting anyone else?" my dad ask mom.

"No."

"But I am," I say as I exit the house.

Once our guest entered the house mom, Chrys, dad, Alex, Micheal, Aunt Shay and Uncle Joseph faces scrunched up. Our guest were Jahmal (my biological dad), Royalty (half sister) and Amelia.

They were kind of the reason why most of the arguments and pain occurred in my family

They were kind of the reason why most of the arguments and pain occurred in my family. But to me everyone deserved a second chance. Jahmal is my biological dad and family so he has all rights to be here with his family. Since I never really got to know him I think this is my chance to. Not only that but he somehow managed to get my number and won't stop asking to get to know me. Alex actually likes him and if she does it most likely means I might too. I know he really hurt my mom in many ways but he has nothing to me so I have all rights to know him before I can judge him. Alex can also become friends with her schoolmate/half aunt.

"Well, does anyone care to fill the majority of us who don't know anything in on what's going on here?"Zayo said.

"Long story, short: We don't fuck with this family," my dad said bluntly. 

"Periodt!" my mom said.

"They are family, so I invited them. How would you feel if we had a family reunion without you?" I say.