Chap. 40

MICHEAL POV
I had successfully broke into the hospital and was currently in Alexandrite's room. I watched as she sleep and her snores fill the room.

Oh how I want to kiss her lips.

I had look everywhere for the gold chain but had no luck in finding it. That made me positive that this 'accident' wasn't just an accident. It was most definitely set up. Not only was my girl's life at risk but they got the chain back.

Shit!!! I'm such an idiot!

"Yeah! I'm about to finish the job," I heard a woman from behind the door say. I quuickly concealed myself and waited patiently.

She walked in, examined the room and pulled out a needle. She was about to release something into her drip when I shot her in the head. My gun had a silencer so no one heard. That's when I knew she wasn't gonna be safe here.

I exited her room only to bump into her father.

"Uhm Mr.Valley," I said awkwardly.

"What were you doing in my daughter's room??? Who the fuck let you in here?? Doc-"

"Before you do anything, just please hear me out," I beg.

"I don't wanna hear two shits from you nigga! You have put my daughter's life in jeoprady and influence her to do stupid shit," he says with balled up fist.

"Just please hear me out. It's about Alex."

"You have 20 seconds. Go!"

"Imma bout to tell you something which will probably make you wanna kill me but just listen. There's a million dollar bounty on Alex's head, I just killed a doctor in her room who tried to kill her, she's not safe here, you should evacuate your family ASAP and you should probably migrate," I say catching my breath.

He was quiet for about 1 minute before he connected his fist with my jaw. He grabbed my collar and started shaking me.

"This is all your fault! You should have been the one on that hospital bed fighting for your life. You should be in coma. You should be on that bounty. But no my God damn daughter thinks your right for her. She's so stupid and naïve and you know that so you're using that to control her you little bastard. If she would only listen to me and stay away from dumb fucks like we wouldn't have been here right now. THE MOST IMPORTANT WOMAN IN LIFE HAS LOST OUR BABY AND IS IN A FUCKING COMA BECAUSE OF YOUR IRRATIONAL DECISIONS," he says with tears running down his face.

Damn

I was highkey scared at the moment.

"Now listen to me...you piece of shit, you're gonna go back in there, write a fucking letter about your goodbyes to my daughter, then you're gonna go back home to your shit hole, pack your shit, go back to whichever Spanish territory you came from and STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY FAMILY. I promise you Mateo, if I, Chrys Valley catch you anywhere near my family I would PERSONALLY turn your head 360 degrees on your neck. Now...Leave. My. Presence!!!" He said through gritted teeth.

CHRYS POV

"Hello, I'm Chrys Valley," I say to the parents of the girl who was with Alex during the accident.

The mother shaked my hand but the father looked at me with hatred in his eyes.

"We're Nancy and John McCagril."

"No mean to be intrusive, but may I ask how is your daughter doing?" I say politely.

I realized that Nancy's grip on her husband's hand had tighten.

"Guess you don't wanna tell me. I'll be on my way then."

"No! Our daughter's spine got injured during the accident and she's now cripple. If Talia didn't have to drive her home she would have probably be home laying in bed. But no! She had to be so generous," John said with anger in his face.

To me, he had all rights to be angry.

"Sir you have all rights to be angry and for that I want to apologize on my daughter's behalf. I will cover whatever bills there are," I say not sure how I was  gonna do that.

He chuckled before yelling "You think we want your God damn money?! We have all the money we need! It's not about money. It's the fact that my daughter's spine is damaged and there's nothing we can do! Just because of your stupid daughter!"

He was really starting to piss me off and I wasn't one to contain my anger.

"Ok sir, I understand you're angry but there's no need to get offensive. Once again, my family and I is sorry. Enjoy the rest of your day," I say humbly as I walk off.

"You don't get to walk away from-"

"Listen John, for the third fucking time I understand that you're angry and you all fucking rights to be but stop acting like your daughter's the only one who got affected from the accident. My daughter got internal injuries, she lost a lot of blood, MY FUCKING WIFE IS IN A COMA, we lost our baby, I just lost my job and MY ENTIRE LIFE IS FALLING A PART. But you have the audacity to act like the victim. Not only that, but you actually have the money to buy an artificial spine for Talia and pay for her hospital bills unlike me who have depend on father-in-law. Now please, leave me be!" I say walking off.

ALEXANDRITE POV

"What do you mean we have to leave today? I'm not 100% healed as yet and mom's still in a coma," I say to my dad.

"You're not safe here. I walked in here to check on you and there was a dead body on the floor. I think someone's tryna kill you. Ekon got the hospital to sell him the medical equipment necessary for you and your mother's healing process. He also hired 2 doctors so from now on your hospital will be at home, where it's safe," my dad says moving back and forth as he packed my stuff.

By 4 hours time I was situated in one of the guest room in my house on my hospital bed with my mom beside me. I couldn't sleep nor did I want to.

Out of nowhere I started thinking about Chrys.

Wait, oh shit!

I wasn't suppose to be moving unless it was urgent but I got up and started looking for Chrys' gold chain. It was in my pocket when the accident happened so I checked my pants first. It wasn't there at all.

That's when I knew that this 'accident' was a set up. Either that are Chrys snuck into my room and took it. I had lost my phone in the accident so I was phoneless at the moment.

I heard my door creek and was scared of the next move because my dad didn't want to see me out of bed but when I turned around it was only Socks.

Phew!

He gave me that you-know-your-ass-supposed-to-be-in-bed look before barking on the top of his lungs. I think he was trying to inform my dad.

I started moving as fast as I can to get back in bed but I was too slow and dad came faster.

"Lyryc, I told you to stay in bed! You're gonna hurt yourself," he says helping me up on the bed.

I looked down at Socks before mumbling "Snitch!" He literally winked at me before leaving the room.

"Why did you get up?"

"I was looking for my phone but then I remembered I lost it in the accident," I lie.

"Judith got you a new one," he says handing me a box.

"Tell her thanks for me."

"I will. It has all the necessities as well. Do you need anything else?"

"Pizza would be nice," I say.

"You just had a surgery and pizzas what you want? I'm making chicken soup," he says before leaving the room.

I wonder what happened to Talia.

Vote
Comment
Share