Chap. 34

ALEXANDRITE POV

We finally arrived at Diego's crib and it was time to spill the beans. There was COMPLETE silence in the room and I knew it was up to me to break it.

"So, who's going first?" I ask.

They both pointed at one another at the same time so I came up with an idea. I wrote 1 and 2 on a piece of paper and crushed them into tiny balls. I then made them each choose a paper at the same time.

"Now open your papers. Whichever number you get is when you spill it," I say.

"I got 2 which means the bitch gotta speak up," Raya says smiling.

He sighed before opening his mouth o speak.

"First of all, my real name isn't Micheal Morey. Well, it's not my first name. Like the snitch in the room said it's Mateo Alejandro Hernández. When my mom gave me to my dad she hadn't name me as yet so my dad took it on himself to do so. Also, my dad didn't die from Leukemia. He was diagnosed with it 2 days before he died but that's not the reason why he died. My uncle killed him. And if I'm correct, he's most likely the reason why we're here right now."

"Aren't we here because we're in someone's territory or some shit?" I ask.

"We thought so too but when we're on someone else's territory they usually send like 2-3 men to get rid of the person. But these men are well trained and greatly armed. Have u seen their rides?! We got a bigger dog chasing us now," Raya said.  

"Why did your uncle kill your dad?" I ask.

"For this," he says pulling a gold chain out of his pants.

"Seriously??? Your uncle killed your dad for a chain? What's so special about that chain? Can it give eternal life or something???" I ask.

"No. But look at these numbers," he says showing Raya and I the numbers carved into the cross of the chain. There were about 50 numbers.

"So does these numbers unlock a new math equation or something?" I ask lost asf.

"This chain belonged to my great-great grandmother. It's been in my family for years. The numbers on it unlocks a special safe. We don't know what's inside but there's a family story that it's a life time of money. My dad devoted his life to finding the safe but he failed. Recently some men found a safe at the bottom of the sea in Colombia and we believe it's our family safe. Why? Because it has my great-great grandmother's initials carved into it. The night before my father got killed he gave me this chain and said to never give it to anyone and that I should guard it with my life. Word spread that I have the necklace and people are after me for it. I've made a few clones like the one in my mattress it's a matter of time before the men from before finds out the one in my matress is a clone."

"Uhm, why haven't someone written it down as yet?"

"This chain has NEVER gotten into the wrong hands before. We don't even tell our family ledgends to anyone but family. My dad refused to give the chain to my uncle so he killed him not knowing that I had it all along," he says.

"Anybody hungry cause imma order some pizza," Diego says walking in the room Yaneela.

"No!" Raya yelled.

"What's wrong with pizza?" Yaneela ask.

"They can find us through the call. We'll have to end up telling the person where our address is and if the enemy is listening they'll know where we are or they can also trace the call. From no one we change phones every 2 weeks. And no phone calls unless necessary," she explains.

"Well then. I'll ask my dad to cook," Diego says.

Diego