Chap. 23

ALEXANDRITE POV

We were now on our way to the hospital and I was mad lost. My grandmother looked lost herself but she played it cool. "I need an explanation," my dad told the woman who claimed he had a son. She was pretty to be honest.

"Uuugghh! I don't want you to be the father as much as you don't. Remember when we were together about 20 years ago," she said.

"You mean when you cheated and broke my heart? Oh yeah! I remember that!" he said.

"So when you found out and broke up with me I found out that I was pregnant a couple weeks later. Since I was only screwing with Mark I assumed it was his baby. I raised Marcus, my son as Mark's but recently Marcus got into an accident and he needs blood. Neither Mark or my blood is compatible and so we found out Marcus isn't Mark's son. I swear to God I was only screwing both you and Mark when I found out I was pregnant so that means your the dad Ekon," she said.

 That means I might have an outside uncle (if that's a thing). 

Grandma was oddly quiet and so was my granddad.

After about a half of a minute of silence and contemplating for my grandpa his outside baby momma said "Ekon, say something!"

"What if the baby's not mine?" he ask.

"Well as much as it pains me to say it, my son'll die because the hospital has ran out of blood and I can't think of any other guy who'll be his dad," she said.

....

We arrived at the hospital and everyone exited their car and followed the woman.

My granddad and his baby momma entered a room with the doctor and they were in there for a whole 20 minutes. Grandma Qwynn was still quiet as ever.

They finally came out and for once in about 40 minutes my grand-mom asked "So, how did it go?" 

"Turns out, I am the dad and I'm-"

"It's okay, you didn't know. Well I guess we'll be welcoming 3 new people to the family soon,"  granny said.

.....

*THE DAY AFTER*

I was now a Saturday and I woke up at 8:00 a.m. I did my morning routine and head downstairs to make breakfast. On my way down I heard laughter from my mom.

Once I was fully downstairs I saw my mom and dad laughing. Mom's legs were on dad's lap and he was tickling her feet causing her to laugh. They were so in the moment that my presence was not recognized. 

It's been a while since I've seen them this happy and it made me happy. Dad the parted mom legs and crawled between them. He lifted mom shirt above her bump and kissed her tummy.

"You know, daddy's jealous of you right now. You get to be inside mom while I can't," my dad spoke to the baby inside my mom. My mom playfully slapped him on his head and they both started to laugh again.  

"I love you, both of you," my dad says as he kisses mom tummy.

"No kiss for mommy?" my mom ask.

"Of course," dad said as he moved his body up and kissed my mom passionately. They were the cutest thing ever. 

The doorbell immediately rang and without thinking I say "I'll get it!" making my presence known.

"Sweetie?! How long have you been standing there?" my dad asked. 

"About 2 minutes," I say as I look through the peephole and saw a pretty brown-skin girl. To be honest, she looked a lot like my mom.

 To be honest, she looked a lot like my mom

I open the door and said "Hi, good morning. How may I help you?"

"Hi! I'm looking for an old friend by the name of Lyryc. I was told she lives around here," she said.

"Who's that?" my mom ask.

"A lady who's looking for you," I say.

My mom got up and approached the door.

"Oh. My. GOOODDD!!!" my mom yelled when she saw the lady.

"Biiitttccchhhh!!!" the lady yelled back as they hugged each other tightly.

"Girl, how you been," the woman ask.

"I've been great! Alex I want you to meet one of your god mothers, Judith. Judith, this is you god child Alexandrite," my mom introduced us. I held my hand out for her to shake it but instead she embraced me. 

"I wanna know who the hell she giving that hand to cause it ain't me," she said. She smelled really nice. 

She pulled away and stepped outside saying "Ethan and Neyo yall can come in!" 

"Wait? Neyo? Is that the Neyo we grew up with," my dad asked.

"Yasssss nigga!" Aunt Judith said.

I'm not into older men or anything but Neyo was FFFOOOOOOOIIIINEEEE!!!! So foine that he impregnated me from his looks. 

"Wazzup fam? Long time no see!" my dad say as they do their man shake and hug

Ethan was a boy from my school who they claimed had Herpes but I didn't believe. To make things worse, he's my brother in law. I think I have do a parental check with everyone I meet in school just to see if their parents don't know mine.

"Hey Ethan,"  say waving. Ethan was cute too and I can now see where he got his eyes from.

"Girl, we need to catch up," my mom says as she pull Judith upstairs with her

Dad and Neyo went into the game room leaving me and Ethan alone. "I'm gonna make breakfast. Want some?"I ask awkwardly.

"Sure," he says following me into the kitchen.

As I was mixing the pancakes I just had to ask the question on my mind. "Do you really have herpes?" 

He chuckled before saying "Naw! About 3 years ago I dumped a girl and it hurt her so bad that she told people I cheated and that she left me because she found out I had herpes," he said.

"Why did you dump her?" I ask.

"Damn. You nosy and I aint telling you. Can I play some music?" he asked.

I laughed and said "Sure! Mi casa es tu cas," I say.

He started playing 'Wish" from Diplo and Trippie Red and we cooked breakfast together. He was a really cool guy to be honest.

Vote

Comment

Quote: Determine your priorities and focus on them.Eileen McDargh