Book and Character Tag

*cough* autumn_sunfire thanks...

1. Who is/are your favorite female character(s) in a published book?

Funnily enough, I haven't read many books with females as the MC's. They're usually minor or side characters... So this is going to be a hard one.

Jane Eyre from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë has always been a favorite. Her story is so sad and tragically romantic. Pretty dark too, but I've always enjoyed her.

Lucy from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. I always wanted to be her as a child and daydreamed about going to Narnia and everything.

Cottia from The Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff. In a word, feisty. Partly was inspiration for Enid in Between Two Worlds.

Also going with autumn_sunfire on this one. Flavia and Ness from The Lantern Bearers by Rosemary Sutcliff. I love their personalities and tragic stories. T_T

2. Who is/are your favorite male character(s) in a published book?

I've got a lot of these coming...

Aristodemos from The Spartan by Caroline Dale Snedeker. Such a tragic hero. T_T If you guys have ever been interested in the three hundred Spartans of Thermopylae, this is a book you need to read. Agh, my heart...

Aquila from The Lantern Bearers by Rosemary Sutcliff. Talk about another tragic hero that breaks my heart. Everything he does seems to go wrong, and because of his difficulty in building relationships, he causes so much pain and heartache for himself. Agh, I love him so much, but he literally broke my heart. The entire story, when I first finished reading it, left me in a state of emotional shock for two weeks--no kidding.

Prosper and Conn from The Shining Company by Rosemary Sutcliff. Such a dynamic duo and a great, if unlikely friendship. Their story is also tragic, but it's so beautiful. I love their relationship, and that whole story and the characters are sooooo good.

Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I love his never-ending friendship and encouragement to the others. His simplistic look on life and his stubbornness to give up on hope are so sweet to read.

Beleg and Túrin from The Children of Húrin by J.R.R. Tolkien. Beleg has always been such an epic hero with a deep loyalty to his friend, Túrin, who is himself the most tragic hero I've ever read. Such a sad story and the way it ends!!! T_T

3. Who is/are your favorite female character(s) on Wattpad?

Lina from Stellina by ellieerose_. I just love her so much. I can see where you got your inspiration for her since I'm currently reading The Book Thief, haha, but you did a beautiful and much better job in my humble opinion. I still don't like how she gave up on Luka, but I love it how she rescued him and brought in back to life. I love that story so much... *starts crying again*

Guin from The Myriad Chronicles by FayLane. Talk about spunk lol. I love Guin's fiery nature and refusal to give up on anyone. So much fun to read!

Kaliena from Revium by silentcrown. I love her character development and longing to make things right in a world that's gone horribly wrong.

4. Who is/are your favorite male character(s) on Wattpad?

Luka from Stellina by ellieerose_. Agh, his story is so sad. But if you hadn't made the ending the way it was, I probably would have died of heartbreak. (Yeah, I have a crush on him.)

Lukas from Revium by silentcrown. I love his fears of the past that are constantly holding him back and his struggle to break free. I love his development and his relationship with Kaliena. #Lukienaforever

Mordred from The Ceristen Series by autumn_sunfire. Talk about sarcasm and a dry sense of humor and spicyness all rolled into one.

Shade from The Fourth Piper by Tweeter109. Shade is so mysterious and... Shady... Yeah, I know, bad pun. But he's a great character and I look more into discovering his hidden past.

5. Have you ever bonded with a character from a movie?

...Not really. Unless it's Fishlegs from HTTYD (no, I'm serious, I'm the same exact type of nerd too!) or Judy Robinson from the new Lost in Space series. I'm a lot like her tbh.

6. What is a character in a book, published or on Wattpad, that you will never like?

*cough* I could go on a whole rant about this one, but I'll settle for Elsie Dinsmore from the Elsie Dinsmore Series by Martha Finley. Shallow, unrealistically perfect girl that tries to be more perfect.

7. What fictional character would you love to accompany on their journey?

Good question. Probably Frodo in The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien or Prosper in The Shining Company by Rosemary Sutcliff.

8. What specific character or what type of character do you struggle to write?

Ironically it's my main characters that I struggle to write the most because I struggle with making them deep and understandable to the reader. Other characters are fine, but not the MC's.

9. Name a book you've read that had outstanding character development or growth.

Anything by Rosemary Sutcliff. 😃

10. Has there ever been a character with a physical description that resembled you?

Actually no. I have no idea why. I guess curly blonde hair and sea storm eyes and being tall with super small feet aren't that common...

Ten tags:
Those mentioned in this tag are tagged as well unless you've already done it.

FluteQueen03
AhsokaJackson
accidental_roses
AlcinaMystic
squirrelg
Nighean-Craobhan
druidrose
ThatOneWriter2001
mrimagination01
SongofLightandShadow