More Than Bestfriends

Nikki's POV

(At The Party)

"Truth or Dare, Khalil?" Megan asked. I was at a party that I had no business being at. All the popular kids where there, and I was in a circle with half of them.

"Dare." Khalil said shrugging his shoulders.

"Tongue kiss... Nikki." she said pointing at me.

"Bruh, I'm not finna kiss that bitch." he said causing everybody to laugh. I was literally stuck.

"You have to." Megan pressed. He already said he wasnt gone kiss me, why she forcing it?

"I'm good, pick another female and I'll do it." he said not looking my way. Was I that ugly? He didnt even wanna touch me. I guess because it would fuck up his reputation.

I got up and left from out of the party. I walked to my car and got in. I wanted to cry, but I didnt even know why.

I drove home and got in the house.

"How was the party?" my grandma asked sitting in her rocker chair.

"Its was OK." I said trying to rush pass her.

"Goodnight grandbaby." she said smiling.

"Goodnight granny." I said going over to her and kissing her cheek.

I got in the shower then put on pajamas. I was sleepy afterall.

(Morning)

I got up and stretched my body. I wanted to look cute today, even after everything that happened. When my family died from that house fire, I didnt care anymore. I was spending the night at my friend house and her mother was watching the news. She woke me up outta my sleep, crying. She finally told me what happened and I passed out. That day still replays in my head, over and over.

I went into my closet and grabbed a pair of pink & white Jordans, something I never wore before. A pink crop top, and a pair of ripped, bleached shorts. After I showered, I flatironed my long black hair and added a lil makeup.

"Breakfast is ready!" my granny yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I got down stairs and she was just staring at me.

"Whats the occasion? You looking gorgeous today." she said smiling and sipping on her coffee.

"Nothing, just wanted to dress up." I said smiling back and eating my breakfast.

I drove to school and got out my car. All eyes were on me, like damn.

"Thats Nikki?"; "Goddamn!"; "She been hiding all that!" Everybody said while I walked past. I kept my poker face on and just walked to my locker.

"Hey." Lee said. Lee is popular but not really, he's darkskin, curly hair and tall.

"Sup?" I asked turning all my attention to him.

"How you doing? Need me to hold yo books?" he asked opening his arms. I gave him my books and we walked to class.

"So, what you doing this weekend?" Lee asked trying to make small talk.

"Nun', why?"

"Trynna go to a party?" he asked.

"I den' had enough of that this weekend."

"Well, how did you sleep?" he asked leaning back in his chair.

"Look, I know you trynna talk to me but I need to get my education right now. Give me yo number and we can talk then." I said pulling out my phone.