Chapter IX: Heart of Darkness

Chapter 9:
Heart of Darkness
_________

Chapter 9:Heart of Darkness_________

_________

Caroline walks into the gymnasium looking stunned when she came in, everyone is helping to set up for the dance but it was wrong, they were doing the 20's instead of the 70's which Caroline decided on. She then spotted her friend, coming up to him she questions, "What is this?"

"It's a decade dance." Replies Matt simply, looking at his best friend if she was okay, "you made us sign up to help."

"No, this." Caroline groans, taking out a feathery scarf of some sort from the box Matt was holding onto, "the 2o's? We're doing the 70's."

"Too flashy, people. It's supposed to be a speakeasy, not the World Fair." Rebekah states, walking up to the chair, "ah, good, you're here. Need help setting up the tables, so get to it."

Her eyes widen and scoffs at the female Original, "What do you think you're doing?"

"Somebody has to be in charge." Rebekah shrugs.

Caroline replies, "Yeah, me. I'm the chair of the dance committee. The theme of the decade dance is the 1970's."

"So you'd rather dress in tacky colors with bad hair than be a classic flapper from the jazz age? I don't know what my brother sees in you." Rebekah argues.

"Maybe, he sees a challenge. You see, unlike some other people I don't sleep with everyone I make eye contact with." Caroline shoots back at Rebekah.

Matt chimed in, "Maybe we could do both decades."

Both of the blonde, glared at Matt and replied in unison, "No."

Rebekah commands, "Go on, Matt, don't be a coward. You know you loved my '20s idea when I presented it to the group."

Caroline turns to Matt, her mouth agape, "Traitor!"

"Bell-bottoms and disco?" Matt says, "this just seemed cooler."

"See? It's just cooler." Rebekah replies poisonously to Caroline.

"Ugh, whatever. Have fun at your stupid dance." Caroline groans, stomping out of the gymnasium. Rebekah smirks at Matt then walked away to set up the dance.

~

"There he is." Elena smiles, pointing to his brother, practicing baseball. We watch him play as he fail to hit a ball back.

"Oof, Elena. Your brother is hands down the worse at this sport." I comment at his brother's trial at this sport.

"Next time we compel him, remind me to make him better at baseball." Damon stares at Jeremy as he takes another swing but couldn't hit it again. Then again, but this time I turn my hand making the ball hit the bat making Jeremy cheer in victory.