Chapter XII: The Departed

Chapter 12:
The Departed
_________

Chapter 12:The Departed_________

_________

I make my way back to the Gilbert house seeing that someone was missing from my home, that someone is Niklaus Mikaelson. I stomp my way back to them, kicking the door open, it flew back to the wall and all their attention was on me, "Where the bloody hell is Niklaus, Salvatore? or I swear that I'll eviscerate you right here, right now!" I speed over to Stefan's side, hanging him up by the collar of his shirt.

"Rosa!" I heard his voice but I was busy being mad at Stefan for taking Niklaus.

"Spare me your nobility and mercy, dear Elijah. But it seems desiccating Nik isn't enough to fulfill their desires, let alone take him without my consent is unforgivable to me, Elijah." I growl, pushing Stefan back to the wall.

"Let go of him!" Elijah commands at me, standing from his seat.

"Please, continue negotiating with the doppleganger, Salvatore here is just leverage for her to take Nik back to our possession!" I cut him off, smirking at Stefan.

"You will put him down at this instance, Rosa." Elijah repeats, I sigh, dropping Stefan back, "Happy now, Elijah?"

I sat down beside him and listened to him negotiate with Elena. He starts, "All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter and Alaric will follow us."

"And you'll just run?" Elena furrows her eyebrows at Elijah.

"We've done it before, Elena. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of 1000 years evading father. What's another half-century while Elena's able to live out her natural life?" I answer her with a chuckle.

"We finally stopped him. After everything that he's done to us I can't just let you bring him back." Elena frowns.

"I give you my word, Elena." Elijah beats me to replying first, he rubs my hand in comfort, "I will not revive Klaus within yours, nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps it'll teach him some manners."

"Why should she trust you?" Matt joins in the conversation, "All you've done is screw her over."

"Shh, Matt. Mature people are talking, you don't quite make the cut." I taunt him, hushing him.

"And for that, I'm ashamed. But know this, she could've been dead the instant I walked through that door, tonight. So, Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision... whether to trust me or not." Elijah stares at Elena.

On the other hand, Damon on the phone was the one who talked first, "Not. Hello?"

"Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!" Damon argues through the phone.