Chapter XV: The Five

Chapter 15:
The Five
_________

Chapter 15:The Five_________

_________

Going through some letters that I wrote in the past, I was looking for one in particular, one that I wrote about the brotherhood of the Five, I wrote about them because one of them was deeply infatuated with me without the knowledge of being the creature that he is bound to hunt and kill for eternity. It has been centuries since I've seen them, let alone finding a letter that I wrote.

"Going to a trip to memory lane, I see." Niklaus walks into the room with a big grin on his face.

"Step off, Nik. I'm looking for the letter that I wrote for one of the Five." I rummage into my huge trunk that was full of letters that I've written.

"The one who was deeply infatuated with you? Huh, I recall, the last time we saw him was—." I cut him off, standing up.

"You had his heart in your hand, yes, Nik. I'm very well aware." I roll my eyes, walking past him and grabbing the other trunk and place it next to the other one which was very identical to each other but this had a lock in it, this was where I place the private ones.

"I admire your liking into writing, like how you admire my liking into painting." Nik grabs a stray letter in the trunk looking at me for permission.

"I like writing because some day maybe my children will look over to my letters and know all about our adventures, our family and lastly the everlasting love that we have." I smile warmly at Nik, closing the trunk back up. The letter was indeed lost and there was nothing I can do about it. The letter had the contents of something, he just told me a certain location and I wrote it down but couldn't remember where it was particularly.

"I heard Rebekah will be taking a trip to the Mystic Grill, care to accompany me?" He takes out a hand for me to take.

"Yeah, why not?" I smile, taking his hand pushing me up without any difficulty and we walk out the house and to the Grill. We sat down at one of the chairs behind Matt Donovan, knowing that any second right now Rebekah will be arriving and chatting with him.

"Speak of the devil." Nik remarks, looking pointing at his sister. Walking up to the blonde human, cleaning the counter. She dropped a key in the counter he was cleaning, he asks, "What's this?"

"The key to your new truck. It's parked outside, paid for, insured. Everything but a big red bow." She answers proudly, giving a small smirk at Matt.

"If that's your idea of an apology. You should probably give it to Elena. She's the one you killed." Matt declines Rebekah's apology gift to him, walking away from her. I frown at Rebekah, "You're trying too hard."

"Last I heard you were leaving town. Forever, Nik." She glances at Nik beside me.

"Well, I was but then I thought to myself, 'How can I when my sister clearly so desperate for love and affection, is left here... bribing the help?'" Nik states, standing up and walking over to his sister, handing her a glass.