Three years ago

Desc-

"
Uh, yeah, I have a kid now. Her name's Lauren.
"

Dan and Phil broke up three years ago, what will happen when they see each other for the first time in three years?

Dan's POV-

I'm walking down the road with my dog, Storm. I got her after what happened three years ago. I needed company, ok? I yawn and try to remember I'm awake. We get to the park and I let her off the lead. She runs free and I sit down, too tired to do anything else. I got diagnosed with insomnia three years ago and I haven't been able to sleep since. Someone awkwardly sits next to me. I look over and sharply look away. Shit shit shit. Phil Lester is there. I gulp and prey to god he wont notice me.

"Dan?" I hear him question. Shit. I look over. I'm met with the same blue eyes I remember so well, but tired and red, like mine.

"Phil, hi!" I try to sound enthusiastic.

"How are you?" he asks.

"I'm ok, how about you?" he asks.

"I'm fine, thanks. You?" he asks again. He'd always do that in an awkward conversation, along with making up some weird game.

"You just asked me that" I say.

"Oh, yeah, I did, didn't I?" he sighs, looking down at his knees.

"Daddy!" I hear a high pitched voice squeal, as a small girl, aged around two runs up to Phil and throws her arms around him.

"Hey, sweetie!" he laughs, placing a kiss on the top of her head, before she goes back to the playground. He looks back at me. My eyes must be wide.

"Uh, yeah, I have a kid now. Her name's Lauren" he informs me.

"So you're married, then?" I assume. He looks hurt.

"I was, but the moment she got pregnant, she decided she wasn't ready for a commitment. She went off with this man and I never really get to see my own daughter. They say I'm not mature enough" his voice breaks and I know he's upset. Normally, I would hug him close and stroke his hair, but since we've been broken up for three years, I don't know what to do. He looks at me.

"If all that hadn't have happened, I wouldn't even have a daughter to worry about" he says miserably.

"Don't say that! You have no idea how much I regret saying the things I said. When we were together I was still trying to figure out who I was. I had all these fucking doubts about myself but I never doubted loving you, goddamit! I loved you with all my heart and I only left because I didn't want to hurt you!" I explain, tears falling down my cheeks.

"If that's true, how come you never came back?" he asks, tears falling down his cheeks, too.

"Because I thought you hated me!" I exclaim.

"I could never hate you. I was head over heels in love with you and, after you left, I couldn't function properly. All those years, I put my feelings in your hands and I never thought that one day you'd crush them" he sobs.

"I didn't mean to hurt you! That was never my intention! I loved you but I thought you'd never take me back. And I'm sorry I hurt you, I really am. And I'm sorry I caused all this" I get up.  "Come on, Storm" I call my dog and put her on the lead. We start to leave the park, tears falling down my face.

"Dan!" I hear Phil call. I turn around to see him still by the bench. Not wanting to face him, I turn around and carry on walking. I walk down the street, on the way to my house when I feel someone turn me around. I'm met with his pretty blue eyes again and I can't help but stare at them. He then holds my face in his hands and presses his lips against mine. I desperately kiss him back, wrapping my arms around him tightly, not wanting to let go. Our lips disconnect and he kisses me again, something I have no problem with. I put my hands on his chest, feeling his warmth against me. We part from our kiss and I lean my head against his chest while he strokes my hair. I open my eyes and notice his kid watching us. I don't give a shit anymore.

"I loved you, and I never stopped" he says.

"Me neither"