Words (Thanks for over 1k!!!)

Opis- (Latin)

"
Words are the reason we feel the way we do. If someone didn't tell you something mean, why would you be upset? If someone didn't tell you they love you, why would you be happy?
"

OMG PEOPLE THIS IS OVER 1000 READS!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY SHIT! HERE'S A DEEP ONE SHOT JUST FOR YOU!

Phil's POV-

If there's one thing I've learnt going through life, it's that words can affect people in the weirdest and most wonderful ways. Usually, if you tell someone something nice like that you like/love them, they'd feel happy, right?

But people react in crazy ways. They might shoot back a narcissistic comment, they might go crazy telling you how much they love/like you or they could just break down crying.

Words are the reason we feel the way we do. If someone didn't tell you something mean, why would you be upset? If someone didn't tell you they love you, why would you be happy?

I feel like my boyfriend right now, getting all existential, making people think... it's not really me. But just because I don't voice my opinions at the best of times, doesn't mean I don't have them.

I have lots of them. Opinions about this world, about society, but I've never been one to voice them. I don't like social conflict.

That's why I admire my boyfriend. He can voice his opinions all he wants and he doesn't care. He has such passion, something I lack. He was actually the one who made me realise words affect people in different ways. When I first told him I loved him he started to cry.

He cried and then we hugged.

He told me he loved me back.

I had this uncontrollable happiness inside of me that I could barely contain. And that's how I understand that different people react to words in different ways. Even though society these days are leaning towards us all being the same, what with these robot theories and all, we're all so different.

Very, very different. And differentness is good, as I always say, normalness leads to sadness.