1.2

:sky:

I stuff my clothes back into the black bag and shove it under my bed, making sure it was deep in the darkness before leaving it there.

I change into my regular, worn out clothing and began to work on my school assignments.

For some reason, I was exhausted and really wanted to go to bed early. But I knew if my mother came home and saw me sleeping while doing my work, she'll be furious.

I tried my best to shake my weariness away and continued.

<•>

I wake up with a jolt, causing the book I was reading to fly off my chest.

Crap, I fell asleep!

Is mother home yet?

Why hasn't she yelled at me yet?

I push my curtains to the side and looked out at the driveway.

There were no cars parked in sight.

She's not home yet. It's dark and she should be back from her job by now.

Unless she decided to leave me alone again for who knows how long and for a reason she'll never tell me.

I'm not complaining, but it's still weird.

I went downstairs to see if there was any food to eat and of course, there was nothing.

I close the pantry with a groan and waddled to the other pantry.

Do we really not have any food?

My stomach was growling and I was getting desperate.

I will eat anything. There has to be something.

As I was looking inside another cupboard, the home phone rings, startling me.

That's probably her.

I quickly picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"I'm not going to come home tonight. Stay home, don't leave the house, and do every single one of your assignments."

"We don't have food."

"You won't die if you miss one dinner."

I mentally scoff.

"You better get your work done, Sky."

"When are you coming back?"

And she hung up.

Great.

I dial Lisa's number and she picks up right away.

"Hey, girl. What's up? You must be home alone since you're calling me." She laughs. "Unless....your evil mom got attacked by bees just like I dreamed?"

I laugh too. "Sadly, no, but I am home alone. You know the drill."

"I'm coming over."

<•>

Lisa arrives at my house in about 15 minutes. She had her sleepover luggage and a few bags of food for us to binge eat for the night.

"You're my lifesaver." I hug her as I stuff an egg roll in my mouth.

"What was I going to do? Let you starve? Not going to happen."

"Did your parents say anything?"

She shakes her head. "They already know, so they're fine with it. They bought the food."

<•>