2:0

:sky:

The sun is about to set and I'm here at the park where Jeno and I hung out the other day. I wanted to kill some time before I leave for Lisa's and this place is just the first thing that came to my mind.

It's a really pretty location, yet my nerves won't calm down. I'm uneasy about going to my best friend's house.

Will her parents let me stay with them? Or will they return me to my mother? What if I'm too much of a burden and they will see me as some pest?

I hug my legs to my chest and stared off into the distance.

I think......I think I was too impulsive. I was too caught up in the moment that I ended up doing something stupid.

Should I go back?

I don't want to, but how will I survive being homeless? How will I take care of myself? I mean, I probably could since I pretty much already do, but I'm still in high school. I'm still a minor. I can't do much as a minor.

How will I take care of myself with only my backpack with me?

I think I made a mistake.

"Sky?"

I jump up at the voice, standing up and backing away from whoever was behind me.

"J-Jeno?" My eyes widen.

"Sky, why are you here?" Jeno stands in his spot, several feet away from me.

"I-I-"

"Why is your backpack here? Did you go home at all today?" He points to my backpack.

I look down in shame.

I ran away from home.

It sounds so childish in my head.

"And where is Renjun? Shouldn't you two be on your first date already? Oh, excuse me, is he here right now? Am I crashing something?" He steps back, mockingly.

"No, Renjun isn't here."

"Did you guys have your first kiss already? He likes you back, right? I see that my advice helped you. I must say that I'm not surprised and you are welcome."

"I ran away from home."

Jeno freezes. "H-Huh?"

I go back to my spot on the grass and sat down with my legs to my chest. "It was probably just the spur of the moment. But there's no doubt I hate my mother and I hate the home she created."

Jeno sits down next to me and crosses his legs. "Wait. You left? For real? Like, really?"

I nod, sighing. "Isn't it crazy? I never thought I had the guts to tell my mother off and actually leave. But in that moment, I was just so mad."

Jeno means nothing to you and is just a distraction.

It makes my blood boil just thinking about her words.

"You changed." Jeno chuckles. "I guess that's my fault."

"Yes, but I'm glad I did. I wouldn't have been able to overcome my fears if it weren't for you."

He looks away. "T-That's good then. Renjun will be proud of you."

I giggle at his saltiness. "I didn't ask Renjun out, Jeno. All I did was tell him about our situation."

"You told him my plan?!"

"How else would I explain it?"

He rubs his face. "Damn, now he's never going to stop making fun of me. Ah, that's embarrassing."