what if...

:sky:

"Lesson #5."

I turn my body towards him and rested my head on a pillow. "Yes?"

"Be yourself." He starts chuckling. "It sounds so cheesy, but it's really important."

I shake my head. "No, no, I think it's a good lesson. Thanks for assuring me."

He throws an arm over my body and pulls me closer to him. "You can choose to remember my lessons or not, but it doesn't matter. You're a kind person with a beautiful heart, you never needed my help to make someone else feel lucky to have you."

I press my lips together. "Jeno..."

He looks past me and sighs. "Renjun...is one lucky man."

My smile grows.

"You and him are the perfect couple, honestly. You both have so much in common and...it-it just makes a lot of sense." Jeno retracts his arm from me and turns away. "I'm sure he's into you too, so don't be scared."

I was now facing his back.

"I think you're ready. Tomorrow, we can pretend break up and you can go for Renjun. It's going to work out. Trust me. You're ready."

<•>

Like Jeno said...I'm ready.

Am I, though?

Will Renjun accept me? Or will he reject me? What if he rejects me? How am I supposed to react to that? I mean...it's not like I'm expecting him to accept me. I just really want him to.

I scramble my thoughts around in my head as I continue to get ready for the school day.

I leave the bathroom and went straight for my backpack, but it wasn't where I left it.

"Jeno, do you know where my backpack is? I thought I left it by your door." I ask, searching around the room.

"It's still downstairs-SKY!"

I jump at his sudden voice raise. "W-What?"

He visibly gulps and rushed over to me. "Why are you wearing that? It's cold as crap outside."

"I wanted to impress Renjun." I pinch my skirt. "Didn't you say he would like this?"

"Yeah...I did say that..." He sighs. "But now that I think about it, he probably changed his mind about fashion. Here, wear this one instead."