9 ~ "EOMMA!"

~ 1 year before the attack ~

“I GOT JUNG FUCKING HOSEOK!” Yoongi shouted, clearly annoyed.

His mother and brother only laughed at his reaction, finding it quite amusing, “It means they think you’re so good they want you to protect a royal,” Taemin stated, trying to calm his brother down.

Yoongi scowled, holding the letter in his hands, “I don’t care! I don’t want a royal!”

“Yoongi,” the male heard his mother, her voice stern, “just be grateful you got such an important job, no matter your opinion on royals.”

The male took a deep breath, nodding his head.

“Plus you’ll be with me,” Taemin said, watching Yoongi’s face form to one of annoyance once again.

“Now I really don’t want it,” the male muttered, Taemin showing an appalled expression.

The male got up, chasing his brother around the house, “C’mere you midget!”

Their mother watched with a fond smile, loving her boys more than anything.

~ Present Time ~

Once they all stepped foot in Aleumdaun, their stomachs churned and eyes filled with tears.

Everything looked destroyed, there were dead bodies scattered around, being eaten by the decomposers, which was beyond disgusting. Yeri hid her face in SeokJin’s shoulder, not wanting to watch their people be eaten by those things.

“Jinyoung,” Hoseok called out, the top Warrior walking over to the male, “the doors to the palace will be open, any survivors you find, send them over there.”

The male nodded, glad Hoseok knew how to take charge when he needed too. “Warriors go with your royals to the palace, protect them.”

Yoongi was about to go follow Hoseok, but was held back by Jinyoung, “remember, Jackson is his guarding warrior now, you are my second in command.”

The black haired male nodded watching as his Royal walked away to the palace with Jackson by his side. Yoongi rolled his eyes slightly when he saw Hoseok laugh at something Jackson said but decided to ignore his impending jealousy and just say it was because Jackson was cracking jokes when he should have been serious about protecting the blond.

“Okay,” Yoongi looked over at Jinyoung and gave him a smile, “let’s go find those survivors.”

<><><>

Yoongi walked into his house warily, preparing himself for the worst of outcomes. He, of course, didn’t want his eomma dead, but he was prepared in case she was. The male continued to walk further into his home, checking his mother’s room, not expecting a small woman to almost slit his throat.

“EOMMA!” Yoongi screeched to alert his mother it was only him and not an assassin trying to kill her.

The woman threw her katana down, grabbing her son and hugging him tightly, “Oh my god I thought something happened to you!”

Yoongi hugged her back with the same amount of strength she was using, almost crying from how glad he was to not find his mother dead. He felt tears on his uniform, assuming his mother was crying from how relieved she was. The younger assumed the only reason she was still alive was because his mother was a warrior when she was younger and before she had Taemin, which is why she had that katana. His father had one as well, but his katana was handed down to Taemin.

Speaking of Taemin.

“A-and your brother?” his eomma asked with hesitation, Yoongi now letting his tears fall at the mention of his dead brother.

Just by her son's reaction, Ms. Min knew she lost her eldest son, the pain resonating in her chest as her son cried out for his Hyung, who she knew he missed. Ms. Min knew Yoongi must have been keeping his emotions in the whole time they were at the bunker, so to be the one to hear his pained sobs broke her heart.

Ms. Min lost her kids father, and now her eldest son.

“It’s okay to cry baby,” she soothed, her son full on sobbing into her chest, “you can cry honey.”

And that’s what Yoongi did, he cried for his Hyung, he cried for the friends he lost.

Once he finally calmed down, he told his mother about Hoseok being the true heir, and his new position as second in command.

“I always knew Hoseok was the king, it just didn’t make sense when SeokJin was born, no one even saw the queens belly. He just appeared, but when Hoseok was born, we saw her go through the pregnancy,” his mother laughed, knowing she was going to be right in the end, “and, second in command? That’s such an honor my love!” she praised, Yoongi’s cheeks becoming slightly pink at his mother's praise.

Her opinions always meant the most to him.

“Eomma, come with me to the castle, Hoseok opened it up for the survivors of the attack,” Yoongi told her, Ms.Min showing a fond smile.

“He is already so kind,” she expressed, “he will make a good king.”

Yoongi nodded with his eyes cast down, yeah he will, he thought.