29 ~ What if they're dead?

Yeri walked the gardens of the Aleumdaun Palace with a solemn expression, her aura despondent unlike her usual happy one. She was beyond worried for her brother's, the one at home and the two on a journey she doesn't know if they'll come back from. 

She sat on the bench, picking a sakura petal from the ground. Her mother told her that they bring luck to any unfortunate or worried soul, just something that was passed down from her family. Yeri grasped the petal in her hand tightly, her eyes clenched shut as he wished and prayed for her siblings safety.

"Isn't this place neat!" she heard a voice say from behind her, looking over she saw Junhong in the garden. She scowled, standing a straightened out her red dress.

Junhong then noticed her presence, a smirk forming on his face when he did, "Yerim? Fancy seeing you in here."

Yeri glared at him, no one ever called her Yerim besides the Royal Court and some commoners. She forced Junhong to since she didn't like the guy, like, at all.

"Get out, you can be in here when I am not," she commanded with venom in her tone, Junhong chuckling at the sound. He found Yeri amusing, cute even.

He walked closer to her, Yeri standing her ground and not moving back as he came closer, "When will you accept the fact that I am your brother?"

"Never, because you are no brother to me!" she spat at him, this causing Junhong to inhale deeply out of pure annoyance.

"And what? Hoseok is?"

"Of course he is-"

"Maybe you should get over him, because he's probably dead along with every body else," Junhong said, attempting to walk away after the words were spoken with his hands behind his back.

Yeri wasn't going to allow that, she pulled the male back harshly by his arm. This not resonating well within Junhong, who hated being manhandled. Especially by a princess like Yerim.

Before she could say anything Junhong grabbed her chin with a bruising grip, the female refrained from whimpering.

"What are you talking about?" she asked him, her voice not wavering in her mind but anyone could tell she felt fear towards the man in front of her.

Junhong could feel the cool metal of Yeri's long earrings, the male bringing his other hand to Yeri's face to move the piece of hair that had fallen from her bun. He was going to bring it down to her waist, but was interrupted by a loud voice.

"Princess Yeri!" Jinyoung shouted, Junhong immediately retracting his hand and backing away from the female who gave him the deadliest glare on the planet with her big hazel eyes.

She rubbed her chin with her hand tenderly, well aware Junhong's grip would leave a bruise on her fair skin. Jinyoung ran over to her, cupping her face in his hands, "Princess, are you alright?"

Yeri didn't answer him, her gaze fixated on the man walking away from the scene. He winked at Yeri when he noticed her staring at him, waving at her mockingly before walking out of the gardens completely.

"Bring me to my brother," she demanded, ignoring Jinyoungs concerned questions.

Jinyoung was taken aback by the request, "Well, your brother is a bit occupied at the moment-"

"I don't care, Jinyoung bring me to my brother now," she demanded with more authority in her voice, the man in front of her having never seen this side of the princess.

He quickly bowed his head, leading the way to the "heirs" bedroom, "Yes, your Highness."

<><><>

Seokjin was currently making out with his boyfriend, the warrior now moving down to the royals neck. This caused the royal under him to moan quietly, Namjoon careful of Jin's wound.

Loud knocks on the door interrupted the two, Seokjin rolling his eyes as he kept his hands threaded in Joon's hair. "GO AWAY JINYOUNG!" he shouted.

"I don't care if you're fucking Namjoon right now, put some fucking clothes on because we need to talk!" Yeri shouted from the other side of the door, Jin's eyes widening at the sound of his sister's voice and her use of profanity.

She sounded worried, angry, and beyond frustrated with the situation at hand. Jinyoung stood next to her, the man refraining a chuckle. He stared at the princess, her red dress that had thin straps with a lace top and flowy bottom. Her blond hair up in a bun, a single strand hanging out, long earring accompanying her outfit. She looked,

"Beautiful," Jinyoung muttered, clasping a hand over his mouth when he realized he said his thoughts aloud.

Yeri gave in an incredulous look, her eyes narrowed with her eyebrow raised, "what was that?"

"Nothing, nothing at all," he insisted, a smile gracing his features as he stared at the female in front of him.

She only nodded, yelling a "FINALLY" when the door to Seokjin's room opened, the female walking in.

Seokjin sat atop his bed, Namjoon sitting next to him as Yeri stayed standing with Jinyoung next to her. Jin wondered why the top warrior seemed to always be with Yeri, didn't he have more important things to do?

"What happened, Yeri?-"

"Junhong, that's what happened. That bastard fucking told me that Hoseok is probably dead! Along with the rest of our people! He came into our lives unexpected so how do I, we, know that he isn't telling the truth about it?" she ranted, pacing back and forth as tears begin pricking her eyes, she stared at Seokjin when she said, "what if Hoseok and Jimin are dead?"

Jin quickly shook his head, standing up and engulfing his little sister in a tight, reassuring, hug. He doesn't know what this Junhong guy is doing here, or what he wants, but he knows for sure the man wants to get in their heads. To fool them into believing Hoseok is gone.

"They're not dead," he promised, stroking Yeris hair as he let her cry into his chest, "I promise you, they're going to make it back."

He hoped he could keep that promise.