15 ~ Avoid

The next morning was beyond awkward for the two, Hoseok being the main cause of the awkward atmosphere.

He absolutely refused to go near Yoongi, not even when the warrior needed to speak to him about Opia.

Hoseok had told Jimin of what happened, the younger royal only laughing at his elder brother. He found it amusing.

Even now, as they are walking to Opia and getting incredibly close to their destination, Jimin is still giggling about what happened the night before.

"Shut up already, Jimin, it's not that amusing," Hoseok seethed, following the warriors as they walked through the woods to Opia.

Jimin giggled once more, "I'm sorry, Hyung, I just find it amusing. Wait till Jin Hyung-"

"Jin Hyung will hear nothing of this," the elder royal snapped, looking at his brother and giving him a firm glare. "He'll gloat too much."

The younger royal laughed once more, before finally calming down and turning to his brother, "Can I give you a bit of advice though?"

Hoseok stared at his brother suspiciously before nodding.

Jimin leaned into Hoseok and whispered, "Saliva works miracles when it comes to-"

Hoseok instantly pushed his brother away, his own smile creeping onto his features, "You're gross!"

"Hey," Jimin put his hands up in surrender, "Don't complain when it works."

Now they both were laughing at one another, though before Hoseok could say anything else he felt a tap on his shoulder.

Turning around, Hoseoks smile instantly diminished when he saw Yoongi standing before him in all his glory. Hoseoks palms began to sweat, his cheeks heating up when his eyes moved to Yoongi's lips.

"Hoseok may I speak with you for a moment, privately?" Yoongi requested, the royal about to shake his head.

But Jimin stepped in.

He bowed to Yoongi, "speak to him all you want, I'll be with Soyeon," he winked towards the warrior, walking away to his guarding one.

The royal and warrior continued to walk, Yoongi finally speaking up, "Are you aware of who the leader of Opia is?" he asks.

Hoseok releases the breath he was holding, now looking up from where he was looking down, "His name is Park Junhee, when we arrive at the gates I will say I am the heir to the throne of Aleumdaun and request to speak to him. From there, we can get the information necessary to find out who was the perpetrator."

Yoongi nods contently, now staring directly at Hoseok, "Can we speak of what happened-"

Out of panic, Hoseok walks away from Yoongi. The Royal doesn't want to come face to face with the truth. He doesn't want to admit that he in fact does have feelings for Yoongi, he doesn't want to admit he liked the feeling of the warriors lips on his own.

He would make sure he could avoid that conversation for as long as possible.

<><><>

"Who are you?"

Once they reach the gates of Opia, they are immediately greeted with four warriors standing protectively outside of the gate. That was the first question they asked.

Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, and Soyeon are at the front of the group, the elder royal speaking on behalf of everyone.

"I am Jung Hoseok, heir to the throne of Aleumdaun," he begins, the Opian warriors in front of them slowly placing their weapons down, "on behalf of my people I would like to speak to your leader, Park Junhee."

The Opian warrior in charge of others goes into the gates, leaving Hoseok and the others to wait. Eventually, after much time, he returns with an answer.

"Junhee will speak with you and the warrior in charge only, but is allowing the rest of your people to enter Opia," he says, opening the gates.

Hoseok looks to Yoongi and smirks before walking through the gates.

The two are escorted to Junhee's throne room, the blonde haired male sitting on his throne with a glass of white wine in his hands. When he sees Hoseok and Yoongi enter he stands from his throne and bows, Hoseok and Yoongi doing the same in return.

"What do I owe this pleasure, Hoseok-ssi?" Junhee asks, seating himself back on his throne and giving the royal a curious stare.

Hoseok chuckles slightly, stepping forward, "Don't play dumb, we both know as clear as day that Opia attacked Aleumdaun," Junhee hums at this, Hoseok continues, "and I'm well aware that it wasn't for personal reasons. My question, and reason for the visit, is to ask whom told you, or paid you, to attack my home?"

Junhee swallows the wine he had in his mouth, the king interlocking his hands over his attire. He looked to Hoseok, "what do I get if I tell you?"

"Peace," Yoongi spoke from behind Hoseok, Junhee's attention going to him, "you attacked us, you're lucky we didn't declare war. Especially after Opia just got out of one."

The king laughs openly, "you've done your research," he smiles slightly, his attention back on Hoseok, "the person who paid me and my people to attack Opia was Jung Jaehwan."

Hoseok and Yoongi's eyes widened significantly, the king? Hoseoks father? Was the one who ordered an attack against his own country, an attack that killed his mother?

The heir's blood now boiled, his jaw clenching in anger.