Chapter 17

<Amanda Paul's POV>
Nash and I got back to the house. I rushed to the door, quickly unlocking it and ran up to my room. I slammed my door shut and locked it. I walked over to my bed, laying on it. I began to cry. So many thoughts were going through my head. How could I be so stupid? He never really liked me. It was just a show. My cries turned into sobs. I put my head into my pillow and screamed. Soon, there was a knock on my door.

"Amanda. Can you open the door for me? I heard what happened." Taylor said. I pulled my head up from my pillow, sniffling. I get up from my bed, unlocking the door and opening it. I look up at Taylor and begin to cry again. He walks into my room, closing the door behind him and hugging me. He rubs my back and calms me down. I pulled away and looked up at him.

"Am I stupid?" I asked. Taylor looked at me confused for a second and laughed, walking into my closet. He walked back out with my guitar, handing it to me. He sat on the bed and patted the spot next to him. I sat down next to him, putting the guitar on my knee, and strumming it lightly.

"I don't think you're stupid. You liked a guy because you saw the way he treated you. You never would have thought that he would have played you like that." Taylor said, honestly. I looked at him. I scoffed and roll my eyes. As I continued to softly play my guitar, Taylor placed my song book next to me. He pointed to a song. I laughed.

"I sing this song every time I'm sad or mad." I said with a chuckle. He nods and smiles.

"You really need it. That's why I put it in front of you." Taylor said.

I sigh and look at Taylor. He nods and grabs my guitar, playing the song. Taylor started to sing.

Taylor:
There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now
Amanda:
There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now
Taylor & Amanda:
I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason
Amanda:
There goes my hand shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now
Taylor & Amanda:
If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe
And I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason, oh
(I don't wanna fight no more)
(I don't wanna hurt no more)
(I don't wanna cry no more)
(Come back, I need you to hold me closer now)
You are the reason, oh
(Just a little closer now)
(Come a little closer now)
(I need you to hold me tonight)
I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
'Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

As we finished, we heard clapping. We looked up at my doorframe.

We haven't heard that song in a long time." Nash said. I shrug.

"Yeah I know. Taylor said it was a good idea to sing it so I did." I said. I looked at Taylor again and hugged him.

"You guys sound great together. You should be a duet. Like do a YouTube channel." Nash said.

Taylor looks at me, nodding at the idea. I smile.

"Sure." I said.