Chapter 24

<AJ Mitchell's POV>

I sighed as I pulled up to her house. I turned off the car and got out. I walked to the front door and knocked on the door. I stepped back and exhaled. The door opened and saw Corbyn at the door. He sighed in relief and hugged me. I hugged him back. We pulled away. "Thank God you are here. Amanda has been so out of it lately and we don't know what to do. You were our only option." Corbyn said as we walked towards the living room. "Where is she? I need to see her right now." I said. The guys pointed to the backyard. Of course Jonah is out there with her. I sighed and walked out quietly. I waited for them to hug and that's when I cleared my throat. They turned to see me. "AJ." I heard her whisper. "What are you doing here? I thought Amanda was very clear when she said that she didn't want you in her life." Jonah said with a fist. I saw Amanda take a hold of his hand and he relaxed. That kind of pissed me off.  He looked at her. "It's okay love. Let me talk to him." She said. He nodded and kissed her forehead. He let go of her hand, got up, and went inside. I sat next to her and sighed. "What is going on?" I asked. She just shook her head and twirled her thumbs. "AJ. Everything is fine, okay? I don't want to speak with you. I thought I had made that clear with you." She told me. I nodded in agreement. "I understand that you do not want to speak with me and I have respected that for the past six months. But I got a call from Corbyn that you have been so stressed out the last few months." I told her. "Nothing is going on AJ. Oh my God. Why can't anyone let that go? I am fine I swear." She said angrily. Her eyes started to water and her leg was bouncing up and down. "Hey. It's okay. You're okay. Just talk to me. I am right here. I'm not going anywhere." I whispered to her and pulled her into a hug. She calmed down and got out of my embrace.  She sighed and looked towards the pool. "They ended my deal, AJ." She whispered. I looked at her in shock. "What do you mean? You are one of their most talented musicians. They can't just do that." I said getting angry. "Well they obviously can. They did it to me." She said. "When did this happen?" I asked. She cleared her throat and laughed nervously. "Amanda? When did this happen?" I repeated. "It um. The day after Taylor got out of the hospital." She said and winced. "What?! And you didn't tell anyone Amanda." I said rather loudly. She shook her head. "Why? Amanda, this is so huge." I told her. "I thought I could have handled it by myself. I felt like I didn't need to let the world know that I could possibly be done with my career. No one needs to know that. I just wanted to handle it on my own." She said. "Amanda. We need to know. The boys inside that house needed to know that from the moment it fucking happened. They have been so fucking worried about you. You handling this yourself, is so fucking crazy. Hun, you can't handle this by yourself." I told her. "I have been handling it for the past six months, haven't I? I can continue to handle it by myself. I do not need anyone's help AJ. I do not need them to find a way to get in me into another record label. I can do that by myself. I am going to do that by myself, understood?" She said. "Yes. But can you at least tell them. They deserve to know." I said. She shook her head. "They are gonna be so upset and I don't want to disappoint them. They think I'm doing so great at the label. I just don't want to make them see me as a failure." She told me. "What are you talking about? Those guys literally worship the ground you walk on. They will understand. They absolutely love and adore you. You have to tell them." I told her. She sighed. "Fine but go in there with me." She said. I nodded. We both stood up and hugged before walking into the house. 

<Amanda Paul's POV> 

AJ and I pulled away from the hug and walked back into the house. I looked over at AJ. He slips his hand into mine and gives it a little squeeze. "Boys. Come into the living room please." I yelled. They all sprinted into the living room finding a spot to sit. AJ and I stood in front of them and I sighed. I looked over at AJ and he squeezed my hand again and nodded. "Um. Okay. Wow. Um. Here it goes. The record label ended my deal six months ago." I said. "What? Amanda. Why didn't you tell any of us this?" Daniel asked. "Cause I thought I could have handled it by myself. That's why I have been writing so many new songs. I'm trying to get myself signed with another label." I told them. "Pumpkin. You know we could have helped and can help you." My twin states. "Corbs. Thats why I didn't tell you cause I knew you guys would try and find a way to get me into another record label. I want to do it by myself. I'm a big girl." I said. "Alright. Then tell me, how are you going to get other labels to recognize you, huh? You haven't sung in over a year. So tell me how you are going to do that." Corbyn said. "Youtube, coffee shops, small gigs, Corbs what do you think I have be doing at night for the past few weeks? I bet you didn't even notice I was gone, huh?" I fired back at him. He stayed quiet. "Amanda. Why didn't you talk to me about this?" Taylor asked. "Cause I didn't want to be a burden, Taylor. I know that you have been super busy at Atlantic Records. I didn't want to be like oh like can they put me in cause I don't have a deal anymore." I told him. "Amanda. They told you that they would wait for you. They know how talented you are. You can come over. Come on. We could finally be the duo we've been wanting to be." Taylor said. I looked around at everyone and they all looked at me. "Guys. I can't just do that. Like come on that's crazy." I said. They all started talking at once. "Okay. Okay. I'll do it. I'll sign with Atlantic Records." I said.