Chapter 3 ~ Unwanted Help

Kokichi took his time walking to school, fearing what might happen when he arrived. Being the new kid meant he'd be an easy target. Especially since he doesn't like Danganronpa, the most popular TV show running on its 52nd season so far. And apparently they're going to be holding auditions for the next one soon. Just the thought of people basically auditioning to die made him sick to his stomach. He had the unfortunate luck of being born sane in a messed up world fawning over death. This made him the target for bullying and torture. But not for the reason you think.

People thought they could change him. Put him through so much till he'd break and be just as messed up as them. But he'd never be like them. He rather die then enjoy the killing games.

Once, he had tried putting on a persona, acting as this truly fucked up in the brain guy who wanted to world to burn. And people loved it because they thought they finally won. Well, all but one person. His mother. She couldn't stand what the other students did to her child, not knowing it was all an act. So they packed up their things and moved. That's how he ended up here. All because he lied. He managed to end this endless cycle of torment just to be thrown into another. This is what lies did to you. And that's why he hated them.

His new school came into view, casting a shadow over him and the rest of the student's walking in. No one seemed to notice him yet. Or cared. For now, that was an upside. Maybe no one would even notice his existence? No. That was wishful thinking. It wouldn't be long till someone noticed his existence, probably pushing him to the ground as a welcome. He'd be treated just the same as his old one, except this time there would be no lie.

One foot in the door. That's all he got before someone grabbed him from behind, dragging him out of the school. He didn't get a chance to scream before his mouth was covered by someone's hand. Not that it mattered. Everyone barely glanced in his direction as he was taken away to the back of the school.

...

Kokichi's eyes slowly opened as he became conscious. It didn't take long for him to remember the events of yesterday, the pain he felt all through out his body helping to remind him. His head ached as he recalled his dream. There were only bits and pieces he remembered. Something about a new school and hating a TV show. Then he got dragged away by who knows what. This dream seemed strange. Not because of how different he appeared in it but because of how similar it seemed to those memories. And just like those memories, it seemed all too real. But when trying to search his mind for the memory, nothing came up or fit into his life.

Blinking a couple times, he realized he was in his room, the door opened a crack. He attempted to get up to close it, worried about anyone coming in and seeing him like this, when the pain shooting through his body made him realize something. Someone already saw him. Actually, two people did. And who knows who else while he was passed out. They all might have seen him in his weakest, vulnerable time, realizing just how wrong they were about him. That he could never be a threat or some evil supreme leader. All his efforts may end up being for nothing, ruining his plan. The plan he spent his whole time at this "school" working on.

The plan that was clear as day, written in a notebook that was sitting on the edge of the bed.

He hadn't put them there last he had them. The realization that someone had carried him in here dawned on him. Someone read his plan. What if it was the mastermind? Would they try to have him killed? Maybe motivate everyone into killing him by framing him to look like the mastermind? Or maybe just kill him now and frame someone later? Either way, he'd be dead. Though there was the possibility it was just a normal student. But he didn't like that outcome either. Everything about him was being exposed for the rest of the students to see and he was unable to stop it. All because he jumped out the window instead of just facing Kaito.

As if on cue, Kaito walked into the room, shutting the door behind him with a bag in his hand. Kokichi usually would've made some stupid remark, trying to get Kaito to leave. But the small male couldn't get words out as he looked up at the tall male, feeling a bit uneasy. He could feel his fear increase as Kaito sat beside him, giving a small glare. Kokichi didn't know why he felt so scared, having never felt like this around Kaito. It was as if he expected Kaito to do something to him. But that didn't make much sense. Kaito was never the one to attack first. And there was no way Kokichi was testing him in this state.

After a couple seconds of silently starring, Kaito sighed, lifting up the bag and emptying it out on the bed. Four pantas, two wrapped up sandwiches, and a bottle of pills fell out, surprising Kokichi.

"I figured you'd need these," Kaito mumbled. "You've been out for most of the day, so I assume you're hungry."

Kokichi hadn't realize till Kaito mentioned it that he was right. Slowly, he reached for a sandwich, taking his time unwrapping it. A voice in his head screamed not to eat it, claiming something might be in it. But he ate it anyways, not wanting Kaito to question him. He just wanted Kaito to leave as fast as possible.

"What? No thanks?" Kaito crossed his arms, staring down at Kokichi. "Shuichi and I were the ones who helped you despite your resistance. What was that about anyways?"

Kokichi gulped, accidently swallowing on only half chewed pieces of the food, coughing it up. He had almost forgot about his freak out and what truly lead up to it. There was no way he'd easily admit his fear of Kaito at this time. Especially since he'd have to explain the memories as well, which he didn't know how.

Kaito patted his back, causing him to flinch. "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah," Kokichi chocked out. He quickly grabbed one of the pantas and drank it like there was no tomorrow.

"You sure? You're shaking." He put a hand on Kokichi's shoulder, dropping his glare.

Kokichi didn't like his touch, earning some confidence to push him away. His fear disappeared as he turned back into his normal self, throwing the now empty panta bottle at Kaito's head. "I'm fine! Just in pain is all. Because of you."

Kaito's eye twitched, sending him back into anger. "Excuse me? I didn't make you jump out the window!"

"Yeah you did! You scared me into doing it. How rude." Kokichi smirked. It felt great to be himself again.

"Well maybe this wouldn't have happened if you hadn't tried to annoy me!" Kaito stood up, towering over Kokichi, who began to feel the fear slipping back in. "You're such an ungrateful ass!"

"J-Just get out of my room!" Kokichi felt his mask starting to slip, putting him in panic.

"Fine! But next time you decided to jump out a window, don't expect me to help you!"

"I didn't asked for you help anyways." He crossed his arms, looking away.

Kaito growled before storming out, slamming the door shut behind him. As Kokichi say there, in the now silent room, he couldn't help but feel as if he just made a big mistake.

---

🌿Hhhh sorry this wasn't out yesterday. Shit happened. Anyways, I'm thinking of changing the cover. At first, I saw this as dark (and I guess it might be) but now I have a bit of a different approach I'm taking this and the cover just feels like it doesn't fit all that well. I don't know.🌿