Chapter 25 ~ Finding The Mastermind

🌿Picture has nothing to do with this chapter but I liked it so I included it anyways. Plus I'm getting lazy with looking for pictures.🌿

---

"Kiibo," Kokichi shouted, running to Kiibo's side. "P-Please! Snap out of it!"

He slowly lifted the sink up, using any strength he had left from the fight. The sink made a loud crash as it tumbled over, exposing Kiibo's head. To Kokichi's relief, the back of the head seemed fine. But as he turned Kiibo's head over, he saw cracks going all down his face, the blue light of his eyes having dimmed. The ahoge on his head suddenly crumpled to pieces, the light fully turning off and leaving nothing but empty screens.

"N-No... You can't die. Please! Y-You're... just a robot..." He took a second to think about this. "I'll make sure you're f-fixed after everything is over... you can be fixed... r-right?" No answer came. Tears were beginning to go down Kokichi's face.

He stood up, sighing at what he had done. His first time committing a murder, and it was one of his friends. In a way, it was kind of funny, a small laugh emitting from him. Regrets went through his mind, more tears coming as he began to sob. But he knew he didn't have time, trying to wipe the tears away while coming up with a plan. Instead of wasting time finding the mastermind, he could turn himself in. He could find the others and claim to have killed Tsumugi and Kiibo. With no evidence to contradict it, they have to vote for him. And then he'd be executed, freeing everyone to continue here normally.

But he couldn't do that. He couldn't let them continue this killing game. Plus, there was no guarantee that Tsumugi wouldn't pull something and kill them all. Kokichi needed to stop her before anyone else died.

He returned to looking for clues, noticing one of the walls was now slightly opened. Pushing it further, he found a stair case leading below. A small smile formed, relief growing within him. He found her.

But it didn't last long before he heard movement behind him. Looking back, he saw Kiibo begin to stand. Giving into fight or flight instinct, he ran at Kiibo, crashing him into the wall.

"What are you doing," Kiibo yelled, whining in pain.

"K-Kiibo," Kokichi asked, immediately getting off. "A-Are you back?"

"Back?" Kiibo turned to face him, more cracks forming down his face.

His eyes were back to normal, a dimmer color than before. He gave a pained, confused expression before looking at this surroundings. His expression turned fearful, looking down at the blood beneath his feet.

"What hap-"

"No time to explain," Kokichi quickly said, wiping more tears away. He then took a deep breath, trying to push away all the emotions he was feeling. "We have a m-mastermind to find."

Kokichi pointed towards the open wall, Kiibo nodding in understanding. The two made their way down the stairs, trying their best to stay quiet. As they reached the bottom of the stairs, they didn't notice the pile of blood on the last one. Kiibo slipped, crashing face first on the ground.

"Kiibo!"

"I'm fine," he said, voice muffled.

Kokichi sighed. "W-We need to get you to a lab, after this."

Kiibo looked up, gasping a the sight. Tsumugi was in the middle of the room, face down on the ground. A shot ball wasn't too far off, blood seeming to lead up to it, along with under Tsumugi. Kokichi carefully made it down the last stair, slowly walking up to her body. He stared down at her, heart pounding in his chest.

"She's fine," he mumbled, kicking her in the side.

Tsumugi winced, her hand moving to her side. The kick wasn't that strong but hurt nonetheless.

"Walk it off."

"Kokichi," Kiibo warned, keeping a bit of distance.

"What? I-I'm done with all of this,"

"You know," Tsumugi started. "I spent a lot of time setting that up. The least you could do is act surprised."

"S-Shut up."

"And where is that detective friend of yours? I expected him to find me first." Tsumugi stood up, trying to get some of the fake blood out of her hair.

"Let us go,"

"Excuse me?" She titled her head in confusion.

"I-I said, let us go. We aren't playing your game anymore. I-I'm sure S-Shuichi already told everyone you're the mastermind."

Tsumugi laughed a bit, shaking her head. "That changes nothing. The game isn't over until only two people are left. Unless you and Kiibo plan on finishing everyone off, no one is going anywhere."