Chapter 29 ~ Freedom

The group headed back upstairs and outside. Everyone still had several questions and concerns, looking at Kokichi for some answers. He felt uncomfortable being the one to bring the bad news. Such as Shuichi and Kaito having killed both their parents. Shuichi had done it so no one could stop him when he kidnapped Kokichi. Kaito, on the other hand, did it in his sleep.

Not knowing Maki or Himiko, he had no knowledge of their past lives. In a way, it was kind of relaxing. No doubt the two were just as horrible as everyone else. But he'd like to only know them as he does now.

That's when Kiibo came up, quite interested to know their past. Considering Kokichi's lack of fear for the robot, it was obvious the two didn't have a bad relationship. Yet, Kokichi still seemed hesitant.

"I-I," Kokichi said, struggling to keep his voice. "I'm sorry... I d-don't want to tell you."

"Why," Kiibo asked. "Did I do something to you?"

"N-No. I mean, I'd rather y-you remember." Kokcihi showed the flashback light still in his hand. He gave a small smile, pointing the light at Kiibo. "You're the only one I want to use this on. Y-You need to remember all the good times we had."

Kiibo gave a shocked expression. "Are you sure?"

Everyone seemed interested, knowing fully well how determined Kokichi was to keep them from finding out the truth. Yet, Kokichi nodded, turning on the flashback light. There was a couple seconds of nothing happening, just the bright blue light shining on Kiibo's face. The light turned itself off in seconds, Kiibo seeming unaffected.

"Nothing happened," Kiibo said, giving a worried look.

Kokichi's eyes widen, him beginning to flash the light over and over again.

"N-No," Kokichi mumbled. "No! Please no!"

He dropped the flashback light, tears already steaming down his face.

"It might be because you're a robot," Maki suggested.

"J-Junko... must have d-deleted his memories," Kokichi cried.

No one knew how to respond. Kiibo tried his best to comfort Kokichi. He wasn't all that bothered by it, as long as Kokichi would still tell him. But that would be a later time. For now, they had a more prominent problem.

As if on cue, Monokuma popped out of no where, seeming pissed. He went right to Kokichi, shouting at him for what he has done and threatening an execution. After a couple minutes of Monokuma yelling and Kokichi breaking down crying, everything eventually calmed down, Monokuma suddenly changing attitudes. Sighing, he disappeared. The sunlight above them switched to nothing but black before the dome began to unfold. From the top going down, real sun light filled the place, along with a cold breeze. Everyone watched as the dome removed itself, snow beginning to fall inside.

Once the dome finished unfolding, the group found themselves surrounded by people in suits and black vans. No one moved, unsure if this was good or bad.

"What's happening," Katio asked Kokichi.

"I don't k-know," Kokichi said, shivering. "This has never happened b-before."

A guy slowly approached, introducing himself as Akira Aoki. He explained how they were from Team Danganronpa and congratulated them for making the most interesting season in years. This resulted in Kokichi breaking down again and Maki threatening everyone. They were offered their old memories but no one replied.

In the end, they were drove back to Danganronpa headquarters and got an explanation some desired. To their surprise, the whole world was obsessed with this show. Knowing the stars might want to hide from society, they offered to help with it, giving them the checks they earned from the game and their choice of houses.

The whole thing lasted hours. Many things needed to be worked through, such as living situations and fully understanding the world they now live in. Once again, the offer for memories were there. But everyone declined. All except Kiibo, who learned his memories were indeed deleted forever.

As they prepared to leave and go their separate ways, Kokichi found himself clinging to Kaito.

"Kokichi," Kaito asked.

"I-I promise not to leave," Kokichi said.

This surprised him. "Wait a second. I'm not like him, remember?"

"But... you'll be m-mad..." Kokichi looked down. "I-I'm sorry..."

Kaito sighed, thinking for a second. "I get it. Just... I'll help you."

Kokichi looked up, seeming a bit frightened. "H-Help?"

"Yeah." Kaito lead Kokichi to the car Team Danganronpa gave him. "You've been through a lot. You'll need help getting over it."

"G-getting over...?"

---

🌿Sorry this was a bit rushed but, uh, ONE MORE CHAPTER! And it is an epilogue. Should be out in a couple hours. You know, as long as I don't get distracted again. Speaking of, anyone who reads this have the new animal crossing? I'm looking for animal crossing friends! It can get a bit lonely sometimes. Tsk. So, uh, if anyone wants to play, hmu.🌿