Chapter 28 ~ Real Memories

"Ding ding ding," Junko said, smiling with almost innocence. "Give the detective a star! Too bad Kokichi was too weak to do it..." She looked down, acting as if it was some tragedy.

"Weak," Kokichi mumbled.

"You're really loud and annoying," Himiko said. "Can we just go home already... I'm tired."

"Home," Junko asked, expression going blank for a second before turning to a wide, unsettling smile. "Oh, but we're just getting to the best part!"

"We don't wanna hear it," Maki said.

"I'm pretty sure you do. Or you'll never find your way home."

Kokichi tensed, shaking his head and looking to Kaito for help. Kaito looked conflicted, refusing to meet Kokichi's eyes.

Junko walked over to a desk, picking up a flashback light. However, this one seemed different. The exterior was white and light inside was blue. Kokichi's heart stopped, remembering when the light was used on himself.

"N-No," Kokichi yelled, being ignored.

"As a finale, I propose a spectacular ending," Junko said.

"No no no no no no-"

"Quiet, traitor!" Junko smacked him, causing him to fall backwards. "You get no say in this."

"What are you planning," Shuichi asked, voice low.

Junko turned back to the crowd, back to her cheery personality. "Everyone gets their memories back! Then you all get to decide which two leave here alive. The rest get a glorious execution made by yours truly."

"You're kidding," Maki said, seeming slightly phased.

"Not this time. This special flashback light will reveal the past hidden to you."

"We'll go back to how we were before the killing game," Kaito said, looking towards Kokichi, who was crawling backwards on the ground, trying to get far away from Junko.

"I don't think I want to," Shuichi said, crossing his arms.

"Too bad! No one gets a choice." Junko walked closer to the group, them doing their best to back away. "You'll be happier after I do this. Then we can all give ourselves a pat on the back for making it this far."

Junko raised the light up, letting out a wicked laugh before pushing the button. But before she got it on, she suddenly let out a small scream, releasing the flashback light and the gun before falling over. Giving no one a chance to react, Kokichi put down the taser and grabbed the gun, shooting at Junko's head until the bullets ran out.

The room went silent, fear and shock keeping hold of everyone. Kokichi took deep breaths as he watched the blood leak from Junko's head. He took a quick look at the others before picking up the flashback light.

"I-I'm so sorry," he said, holding the light close to his chest. "But... I can't let you all have your memories." He began to tear up, a soft sob echoing throughout the room

"Kokichi," Shuichi said slowly, looking over the others' reaction real quick before continuing. "It's... It's fine."

"F-Fine...?"

"I'd rather not remember all the things I did to you," Kaito said. "And most likely to others."

"But... B-But..."

"Nyeh, getting home will be a problem," Himiko said.

"And how are we going to get out of here," Maki asked.

"I'm sure we'll figure it out," Kaito said, smiling. "Come on, cheer up. We're all getting out of here!"

Kokichi nodded, hesitantly walking towards Kaito. He suddenly gave him a hug, smiling as tears kept coming. Kaito tried his best not to make any moves that would startle Kokichi.

Shuichi went over to Kiibo, pressing the on button and watching some light return to his eyes, which had gotten duller. More cracks had formed on his face along with a few missing pieces. It was then that Shuichi noticed them, several more questions coming to mind that he might not even ask. When Kiibo's eyes came on, they blinked a couple times, before remembering the situation.

"What happened," Kiibo asked, looking around for Junko.

"I could ask you the same thing," Shuichi said, reaching out to touch one of the cracks.

"What?" Kiibo quickly grabbed his arm, pushing it away.

"K-Kiibo," Kokichi said, running up to him and hugging him.

"Can someone please explain everything?" Kiibo seemed uncomfortable with the sudden attention.

"We w-won."

---

🌿Hope y'all are staying safe from the virus. I'm so ready for it to leave. Life needs to return to normal ASAP.
Also I didn't know what to title this one-🌿