Chapter 15 ~ Forcing Memories

"No," Kokichi yelled, distancing himself from the two males. "No! I don't want to remember anything else. Do you even understand what I'm going through?" His voice was drenched in anger as he half way hid behind the spaceship cardboard cut out.

"But Kokichi," Kaito started, interrupted by something being thrown past his head.

"I said no!" A button was missing from the bottom of Kokichi's shirt.

"Kokichi! This may be the only way to stop the mastermind!"

Kokichi went silent, now fully behind the cardboard cut out. He knew Kaito was right. And stopping the mastermind had been his goal from the start. And yet, he couldn't agree to it. Who knows what kind of memoires will come up.

"You don't even have control over them, do you? From what I've seen, you can't. You'll remember whether you want to or not. So why not just speed up the process?"

"S-Speed up," Kokichi asked, struggling to take deep breaths.

"Yeah! We can try to trigger memories and hope the mastermind pops up." Kaito cautiously walked over to the trembling male.

"I don't w-want to." Despite what he said, a memory was already trying to force its way through.

"You're stuttering? Are you getting another memory?" Kaito pushed the cardboard aside.

Kokichi yelped in fear, backing away from Kaito. He couldn't help but fear his former bully. Kaito realized this, calling to Kiibo for help. Kokichi just shook his head, stumbling to the ground. There was no stopping the memory.

"P-Please," Kokichi begged. "H-Help..."

...

Shuichi had Kokichi propped up on the chair, hands and feet tied. Not that it mattered. At this point, Kokichi barely felt like he was living. It had been a month since Shuichi had abducted him. A very, very long month for Kokichi. He had never expected Shuichi to be as cruel as he was. And now, Kokichi could barely think at all. Sometimes he wondered if life was even worth living anymore. But never found the strength to actually end it.

Shuichi offered a soft smile and pat Kokichi on the head. He loved being deceiving like this. The despairful expression on Kokichi's face made him grin. This was just as he had imagined it. Picking the plate off the table, he grabbed the fork and began feeding Kokichi, who made no moves to resist.

This was a routine for them. After dinner, the two would lay on the couch and watch Danganronpa. It was the finale of the 51st season, the mastermind being revealed and the students choosing hope to live. It was the only part of the day that almost brought life back into Kokichi. Not only was it his favorite show, but it also allowed him to imagine the most gruesome deaths he could put Shuichi through. No, what he could put everyone through. He envied Junko, wishing to accomplish what she did. It brought a wide smile on his face just imagining it.

"What are you smiling about," Shuichi asked, seeming genuinely curious.

But Kokichi didn't answer. He couldn't. He felt as if his voice had been ripped from him. Shuichi simply gave a small glare before continuing to feed Kokichi.

Suddenly, there was a loud pounding at the door, before it completely broke off. Shuichi went to reach for Kokichi but was tackled to the ground. Kokichi showed no reaction as he was picked up and swept away. Whoever had him ran as far as he could from Shuichi's house, having no intention to stop. Staring up at his new abductor, he recognized Kaito. If he had any life still in him, he would have been struggling and screaming. But he knew there was no point.
He began to shut his eyes as he heard the sound of a car stopping right in front of them. Words were exchanged as Kaito got in, placing Kokichi on a seat. It was the last thing Kokichi remembered before blacking out.

---

🌿Damn. I've been gone a long time. Sorry about that. I kind of lost motivation with writing and the past couple months have not been the best. But I'm feeling up to it now so here we go. I've already got some chapters written on paper. I just have to type them on computer and proof read them. So expect a bit of a spam of updates as long as I keep to it.🌿