Chapter 8 ~ Comforted By The Enemy

Kokichi's vision became clouded, his heart pounding in his chest. Everything was moving too fast for his mind to keep up. One second he was getting yelled at in the dinning hall, the next he found himself in someone's room. There was a panicked voice above him but he couldn't make out who it was. The voice said something along the lines of "Are you okay?" and "I need to get help." This drove Kokichi into even more of a panic, not wanting to know who this person might return with. There was a big chance it was someone who couldn't be trusted, knowing fully well the type of people in this world. He grabbed the person as they began to move away.

"N-No," He shouted, clinging to this person as if his life depended on it.

"Kokichi," The person yelled in surprised, trying to pull away. His efforts proved useless as Kokichi's grip just tightened. "Let go!"

"P-Please! Please don't get anyone!" His voice cracked as he pleaded, struggling not to break down right then and there.

"Why? I'm sure Shuichi-"

"No!" That name struck fear into him, causing him to tackled the person to the floor with a loud thud. "Don't get Shuichi! Never get Shuichi!"

The person beneath him was shocked, having never seen anyone act like this. "But I don't know how to help you. Please get off!" They managed to push Kokichi off, scooting as far as they could away from the shouting male.

Kokichi attempted to grab them again, missing since his eyes were now tightly shut. The person realized this, coming at him and pinning him to the ground. Screams filled the room as Kokichi acted as if he was being murdered. Words weren't exchanged between his screams, the person calmly waiting until Kokichi calmed down. Once it became clear that wouldn't be happening, the person covered Kokichi's mouth with their hand.

"Kokichi," The person shouted, scaring Kokichi into quieting down. "Finally..." They sighed in relief.

Finally beginning to recognize the voice, Kokichi slowly opened his eyes. He stared up at Kiibo's bright blue eyes, relief washing over him. Kiibo had saved him from Kaito. There was nothing to fear. Then why did he still feel fear struggling to claw its way out through a scream? He knew why. But he couldn't admit it to himself.

"You okay now?" Kiibo's voice kept Kokichi from getting too into thought. Which Kokichi greatly appreciated.

He nodded his head, pushing Kiibo's hand off to speak. "S-Sorry about that." His own voice was quiet and fearful.

Kiibo gave a surprised look, his eyes scanning Kokichi, who stared back in confusion. It took a couple seconds before Kokichi realized what was wrong. He apologized. The supreme leader never apologized in a serious way. But that was in the past. Nothing could be the same after the accident.

He knew he needed a cover up, a smirk appearing on his face. Their current position wouldn't go unnoticed. "Wow, Kiibo! Didn't know a robot could like a human this way."

Kiibo's expression changed into a glare. "What is that suppose to mean?" His voice grew angry, ready to shout over that robophobic remark.

"It means, as much as I wanna see that robot dick, I'm gonna have to pass. I don't date robots."

Kokichi began to laugh inside when seeing Kiibo's face turn a bright red. Kiibo quickly moved away, closing the metal plates around his face to hide his blush. "T-That is not why I-"

"Don't lie to me! You can't lie to a liar." Kokichi enjoyed every expressing Kiibo made in hate and embarrassment. "How about you come out of the closet already? I promise only to tell everyone in the school. All seven of them." He laughed to himself, not realizing the ticking time bomb he just set off.

"How can you joke about that?" Kiibo's voice was drenched in anger. He stood up and towered over Kokichi, threatening to smack him despite his program not allowing it.

On instinct, Kokichi curled into a ball and shielded his face with his hands. Kiibo's furious expression faltered for a second, thrown off by Kokichi's fear. That's when he understood something was truly wrong with the supreme leader. Slowly, he knelt down and grabbed Kokichi by his arms, helping him to the bed.

Kokichi knew he messed up again. Though unlike the other times, he didn't immediately attempt to go back to his persona. Instead, he finally broke, clinging onto Kiibo and beginning to sob. He knew he would regret this later. That Kiibo would tell the others about his break down.

But he didn't care.

It was becoming too much. There were too many memories. And none of them were good. All involved some kind of torture brought to him from his classmates. Even on the off chance someone would safe him, the damage had already been done. He didn't know how long he could go on like this without going insane. Having to see these people everyday for the rest of his life until someone had enough of his lies and killed him. Miu's plan came back to him, causing him to cry more. Things may come to an end, and here he was crying into the enemy. He couldn't recall a time he felt this low in his fake memories, wishing that they were the real ones.

Unable to take it anymore, he looked up at Kiibo, seeing his pitiful expression, and mumbled the last words he would say before everything went black.

"Please... End my life..."