Chapter 27 ~ The Reveal

Kokichi felt his heart racing in his chest, a familiar memory coming forth. He was suddenly back where this all started; Kaito chasing him through the halls of the school while he tried to find a way to escape. Except he wasn't escaping this time. Even though everything in him told him to keep running, he stayed on track to his destination, running into the bathroom. Upon entering, he immediately slipped across the floor, crashing into the wall. Kaito and the others arrived shortly after, their eyes widening with shock. All Kokichi could do was point to the open wall, voices being faintly heard.

Leaving Kokichi behind, the students rushed down the stairs to find Kiibo pinning Tsumugi to the wall, trying to stay out of reach of whatever she was holding. It was a small, black device, with two pieces of metal sticking out. Whenever she'd press the button on it, attempting to strike Kiibo, the device vibrated and emitted an electrical spark.

"What the fuck," Kaito shouted, getting closer to separate the two. 

Maki grabbed his arm, saying, "Do you wanna die? She clearly has a weapon."

"I've got this," says Kiibo.

"Got what, exactly? We have the mastermind, but how do we force her to let us free?"

"You have a suggestion?"

"Maybe a few in my lab..."

"I wouldn't, if I were you," Tsumugi said, releasing her weapon. "It's important that I'm executed, now that I've been found out."

Maki nodded. "Sounds fair to me."

"Now tell us how to get out of here," Kaito shouted.

"Oh, but I already have," Tsumugi said, smirking.

"What?"

"It's in the rules. The last two alive win the game and get to leave the school."

Everyone glared daggers at her, expecting her to reveal it as a lie. But all that was heard was her menacing giggles, almost resembling Monokuma's.

"Come on, Tsumugi," Himiko yelled, stepping forward. "Just tell us already!"

"All I can tell you is whoever you choose to die will be executed with me."

"Choose to die," Kaito asked.

Tsumugi nodded. "Since the game can't continue, it's only natural that we speed this up. Only two people will get to leave here today. Choose wisely."

Silence followed as everyone made eye contact, hoping no one was actually considering this.

"How could you do this to us," asked Kiibo. "I thought we were all friends."

Tsumugi sighed, shaking her head. "Kiibo, face the reality that no one sees you as their friend. You can think freely again."

"W-What?"

"Don't listen to her," Kaito said. "Tsumugi is nothing but a liar."

"Stop calling me by that plain name," Tsumugi growled. 

Suddenly, Tsumugi shoved Kiibo, beginning to laugh. Everyone gasped, a new girl appearing before them. Right in Tsumugi's place was a slightly taller girl, lifted by her heel boots. The blue hair was now strawberry blonde, resting up in high pigtails in Monokuma clips. Her clothes were of the colors black, white, and a bit of red; the skirt being super short and her shirt close to being revealing on the chest area. Lastly, the once innocent pale green eyes were now a menacing ice blue.

"That's not the entrance I would have preferred but your expressions make it worth it!" Along with her appearance, her voice had changed as well.

"Tsumugi," Kiibo asked.