Chapter 26 ~ His End Of The Deal

🌿I think at some point, maybe when this is over, I'll try to go back to chapter 25. It just doesn't feel complete but I haven't been able to think of anything to improve it. Idk.🌿

---

"No," Kokichi yelled. "No one else is d-dying!"

"But why," Tsumugi asked. "Isn't that what you wanted?" She had a smirk on her face as she began to turn.

Tsumugi walked over to a flashback light, having no fear they would try anything. Kiibo moved closer to Kokichi, ready to defend him.

"You remember everything they did. So why not end them? Kiibo is your only friend left anyways. If I gave him his memories too, you two could work together on killing everyone!"

She turned around happily, pointing the light in Kiibo's direction. Kiibo gave a conflicted look, curiosity getting the better of him. Kokichi was quick to act, pulling Kiibo behind himself.

"You can't be serious," Kokichi yelled.

Tsumugi smiled wide. "Of course not! After all the betrayal you put me through?" She switched to a sad expression before laughing like a mad man. "I'm only after your side of the first deal."

She walked over to a desk and picked up a knife, slowly walking towards them. Kokichi and Kiibo took a step back.

"S-Stay back," Kokichi yelled.

Tsumugi rolled her eyes. "You don't scare me. I made you. If it weren't for me, you'd still be Kaito's play thing right now! So except this and I might just let Kiibo live."

Kokichi looked around franticly, hoping for a weapon he could use in defense.

"It's no use. You're trapped in this school with me."

"Why are you doing this," Kiibo asked, stepping in front of Kokichi.

"Doing what, exactly? The killing game or-"

"All of this! I thought we were friends."

Tsumugi walked closer, shaking her head. "We are friends. But this is what you all wanted. Though, you wouldn't understand without your memories. You'll hopefully get them soon."

"Soon," Kokichi asked, peeking his head slightly out from behind Kiibo.

"Yep! Whoever the two winners are, get all of their old memories back! Isn't that just great?"

Her last sentence contained venom, a smirk on her face. She edged closer before raising her knife to strike. Kiibo took the hit, pushing Kokichi away from the scene. The knife seemed to have no effect against his robotic body. Despite this, the smirk never left Tsumugi's face.

"Isn't this great, Kokichi? Your old pals will remember everything if they win! If you were to win too, you all could relive old memories."

Kokichi felt his heart begin to pound, fear keeping him in place. Tsumugi moved to strike again, her knife only meeting metal.

"But I know that's not what you wanted. So allow me to help you!" A third strike was prevented. "Tell Kiibo how you wanted to die so badly, you made two deals with me that ended with your death!"

Kokichi was still frozen, memories flowing through his head. Kiibo suddenly shoved Tsumugi to the ground, shocking all three of them. But he acted fast, pushing Kokichi towards the exit.

"Go," he yelled. "I'll keep her busy here."

"B-But-," Kokichi started.

"Just go!"

Kokichi booked it up the stairs, slipping slightly from the blood covering the bottom of his shoes. To his luck, he made it up without falling, managing to run out of the bathroom. Voices down the hall caught his attention, changing the direction he was running. All the way down on the other side of the hall was what was left of the students. Relief filled within him for a second before locking eyes with Kaito. Kokichi stopped in place, Kaito getting the others' attention.

He remembered Kaito's behavior before he found Tsumugi, and what she had told him. Memories flashed through his mind as he saw all the things Kaito put him through. Not just him, but Shuichi as well. Fear was overtaking him, keeping him from calling out for help. His body seemed on pause as he debated what to do, his mind never coming to a conclusion. There was only so much he could do in this situation, nothing seeming like a good option. Tears began to form as he struggled for words.

They shouted something he was unable to hear. Waiting a couple seconds, the group began heading towards Kokichi, strengthening the fear he held.

"Kokichi," Kaito yelled.

That was all he needed to get back in motion. Not having the words or courage to tell them himself, he turned around and began heading back to the bathroom.